Joslyn Art Museum Omaha, NE
Regular Part-Time (25 hours per week)
Statement of the Job
Responsible for assisting the Director of Marketing & Public Relations and the Marketing & Design Manager with executing general and specialized Museum marketing campaigns and general administrative duties.
Reports to the Director of Marketing & Public Relations
- Receives shipments of print materials and organizes them in storage; keeps a detailed inventory of print materials and tracks the rate at which they are used.
- Maintains the Museum’s brochure racks.
- Coordinates the dissemination of promotional materials (via personal delivery and mail) to organizations around the Omaha metro including visitor centers, airport, hotels, etc.
- Maintains photography files and final print product files.
- Facilitates the Museum’s membership/ticket pass donation program.
- Updates select sections of the Museum’s website using content management tools; provides web content assistance to staff in other departments within the Museum, helping to maintain uniformity across the site. Updates key external calendar listings with selected events.
- Tracks and compares statistical data related to general Museum attendance and ticketed exhibitions; prepares requested attendance reports for the marketing department and other Museum departments.
- Assists with content for selected social media platforms for the Museum.
- Assists with research for general and specialized marketing campaigns by gathering information from other institutions and other departments within the Museum.
- Assists with marketing invoices.
- Assists with layout of Museum’s annual report and members magazine.
- Assists in maintaining building, gallery, and other general signage.
- Assists in event planning when related to the Marketing department (collaborative events, media tours). Helps staff off-campus event booths.
- Organizes and enters data, files correspondence, and operates general office equipment (fax, photocopy).
- Ensures all visitors to the Museum have a positive experience; be knowledgeable about Museum activities, services, and layout and be willing to assist any visitor.
- Runs business errands as assigned.
- Adheres to policies in the Employee Handbook.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work accurately, with interruptions, to meet deadlines
- Strong PC skills and knowledge of general office equipment; willingness to learn new software applications
- College degree
- Simple accounting skills
- Simple HTML skills / web content management experience / experience with social media platforms
- Access to own vehicle
| Date Posted
January 13, 2020
| Date Closes
January 27, 2020
2200 Dodge St
| Located In
| Job Type
25 hours per week
| SOC Category
43-6011.00 Executive Secretaries / Administrative Assistants
This job offers the following benefits
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Cafeteria / Food
- Paid Vacations
- Merit Increases
This job is related other jobs in these career categories