TPG is seeking a new team member to join our Product Development Team and help us to modernize our approach to customer experience. Our team is in the process of implementing changes that will bring our software development process to the forefront of modern best practices centered around DevSecOps and Agile Methodologies. We are looking for a passionate developer that is eager to learn and implement cutting edge tools and techniques that drive TPG’s business forward.
Product Development – Frontend Software Engineer
Job Title: Product Development, Frontend Software Engineer
Location: Huntsville, AL.
TPG is a purpose-driven innovation organization offering solutions in business advisory, customer experience, forward leaning technology, and analytics. TPG partners with companies to equip, engage, and empower them to act strategically to improve customer experience.
TPG is the leader of independent, third party quality assurance for customer experience and interaction management to Fortune 500 businesses.
TPG delivers predictive intelligence, analytical reporting and hands on assessments by applying data sets to our proprietary, AI based assessment and reporting platform. By developing individualized quality performance goals alongside our clients, we deliver impactful results.
As a Frontend Software Engineer in TPG’s Product Development Team, you will be participating in all aspects of the software development lifecycle, including design, development, testing, and deployment. TPG software engineers focus on providing a quality software product by leveraging industry best practices and tools.
Our Product Development team is the foundation of TPG's future as a technology leader in CX, focused on delivering software solutions that meet our client’s high-paced needs. As part of that team, every day, you will have the opportunity to impact the future of TPG and its clients.
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, and studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes
- Analyze, design and develop tests and test-automation suites
- Bring Mockups and designs to life through code
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms
- Follow the software development lifecycle
- Document solutions through the development of documentation, diagrams, and well commented clean code
- Participate in code reviews, merge requests, and source control management
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices
Interpersonal and Communication Skillset
- Create professional and positive lasting connections with colleagues, clients, and partners, who interact with TPG
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to craft and deliver clearly written communication, with great attention to detail
- Critical thinking skills and intellectual curiosity
- Personal accountability
- Ability to work independently, establish priorities and meet deadlines
- A strong work ethic that will enable the delivery of revenue each month
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation
- Presentation and verbal communication skills
Living TPG’s Mission
- Fulfill TPG’s Mission
- Effectively deliver our Mission, both internally and externally
- Participate in professional growth opportunities, training sessions and performance evaluations
Living TPG’s Core Values
- Demonstrate TPG’s Core Values
- Live out TPG values and hold teams accountable to do the same
- Engage in short and long-term business goals by providing insight and innovative solutions to leadership
- Develop plans and ensure delivery of our systematic processes
- Proven work experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer
- Experience with modern client-side frameworks like VueJS, Angular, React, MVC5
- Experience with source control technologies like GIT, TFS, SVN, etc
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Application architecture and design patterns
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision
- Experience with using REST APIs
- Experience developing web applications
- Familiar with database technologies (MYSQL, SQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL or Graph databases)
Additional Qualifications Preferred
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Crucible, Gitlab, and/or GitHub
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks
- Experience with infrastructure automation technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, etc
- Competitive Salary
- Tremendous Opportunities for Upward Mobility
- Positive People Culture & Work Team Environment
- Sitting and standing for long periods may be necessary
- Move around the office, use of hands for typing
- Ability to hear and see, read from computer monitor
- Ability to travel if required (limited)
TPG EEO Statement, 2020: TPG is a company that has been built on diversity and disruptive strategy. At TPG we support, accept and embrace differences. 24 years of success has been a direct result of our diverse people-culture model. At TPG we believe that individuals should be hired and promoted based on aligning qualifications, merit, experience, and professional acumen. TPG does not discriminate against applicants or existing employees based upon age, color, creed, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, pregnancy or breast-feeding, veteran status and/or any other basis protected by law. TPG is a company that believes in fostering creativity, innovation and success by offering a safe, non-threatening environment in which our employees, products and clients can thrive.
It is TPG’s policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to non-discrimination and equal opportunity regulations. TPG’s Founder & CEO, Executive Staff, our Board of Directors and Advisors strongly advocate, support and stand behind this EEO Policy and our Affirmative Action Obligations. As leaders in our market space, we adhere to these standards, not only because it is enforceable under the law, but because it is inherent to our core values. Our leadership team believes in building a strong corporate enterprise lead by a strong moral compass and leaders that follow it. If you join our team, we expect you to do the same.