The CEO is responsible for providing leadership, overall direction and administration of the operations of the health center, including developing short and long-range goals.
- Develops and gains Board approval for the goals, objectives, and priorities of the health center.
- Determines the priority health care needs of the community and determines what approaches should be taken to meet these needs
- Assures the effective participation of the community through an active outreach and education program
- Lead fundraising activities with Board
- Define market opportunities and direct marketing activities to expand ACHC outreach efforts
- Work with Board to develop strategic planning
- Directs and reviews the development of the health care program and organizational budgets.
- Participates in identifying and preparing the clinical program goals and objectives and presents them to the Board for approval
- Oversees the preparation and presentation of the annual budget for review by and approval of the Board
- Present grant applications for Board approval
- Oversee compensation schedules and gain annual approval by Board.
- Organizes the staff and other resources in carrying out the health care program within budgetary goals and objectives.
- Approve the disbursement of health center funds
- Selects, hires, and supervises the Chief Financial Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Medical Director, Dental Director and QI Director.
- Specifies the responsibilities, authority, and working relationships with Director level staff and ensures that each subsequent management level performs this function for its subordinate staff
- Supervises the negotiation of contracts with healthcare agencies and community organizations
- Negotiates, signs and executes contracts on the behalf of ACHC.
- Leads the staff members in the performance of their assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Ensures that adequate organization, plans, procedures, and controls are employed at each level of the ACHC to make possible the proper execution of all assignments and responsibilities
- Supervises and arranges for necessary staff training
- Establishes an effective flow of information to ensure that problems can be responsively solved, and that support is provided to the staff as needed
- Solicits the cooperation of the staff by establishing clearly defined performance expectations, reviewing staff performance on a periodical basis, and motivating effective performance with a fair and justly enforced system of rewards and corrective actions
- Administers the day-to-day activities of the ACHC through delegation to appropriate staff.
- Develops and secures community support for the objectives of the health center.
- Negotiates with local agencies and business organizations to support the health care needs of the community residents
- Ensures community awareness of the ACHC mission, goals, objectives and operation by initiating and supervising an active public information program
- Supports the Board and its committees in carrying out their responsibilities by providing required information
- Develops and maintains collaborative community relationships: ability to work with diverse groups
- Develops and maintains working relationships with the IPCA, HRSA, community health centers and other key partnerships
- Ensures that any and all claims and litigation are handled in a consistent manner that adheres to all applicable laws and regulations.
- A Master’s Degree in Health, Public or Business Administration or an appropriate related field, or BS/BA degree with five to ten years’ experience in health care administration, preferably within a community health center.
- The ability to apply sound administrative principles and methods in the management of budgets and diverse personnel and health care programs.
- Must have executive management experience at the Associate or Director level.
To ensure the safety of our patients, employees and visitors, All Care Health Center is requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions may be granted for religious or medical accommodations.
At All Care Health Center, we are committed to providing an environment of equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under applicable law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation in applying for this or other job postings, please contact the HR department at (712) 325-1990.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.