Are you passionate about serving the Community?
Do you see yourself working at a Health Center knowing that you get to make a difference in the life of another?
Are you looking for a fun and drama-free work place?
Do you have a positive attitude and desire to interact with customers throughout the day?
If you answered yes to these questions, then All Care Health Center wants you on our team!
The ideal Medical Biller and Coder candidate will be:
- Detail Oriented
All Care Health Center offers competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Paid Time Off
- Employer paid Life Insurance AND Employer paid Long Term Disability
- 401(k) match and more!
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Post patient charges and payments.
- Communicates with Accounting Manager, any complications that could lead to untimely and inaccurate reimbursement process.
- Manage assigned tasks ensuring that deadlines are met and work is completed accurately.
- Insure that all insurance has been verified and/or sliding fee information.
- Establish that each patient is advised of the Sliding Fee Scale and determine adjustments accordingly.
- Process insurance claims (primary and secondary).
- Initiates and completes financial arrangements and monthly payment plans for outstanding patient
- Assists patients with billing and insurance questions as needed.
- Research returned statements, updates computer system and resends the statements as appropriate.
- Complete requests for additional information up to and including medical records related to billing issues.
- Insure all denials are worked and resubmitted for payment in a timely manner.
- Maintain knowledge of third party billing requirements.
- Communicate with providers and staff to achieve accurate coding and insurance processing.
- Assist in training of staff outside the billing area within the billing area of expertise.
- Maintain compliance with established departmental and organizational policies and procedures.
- Assume responsibility for personal and professional growth through participation in clinic meetings, in-service programs and continuing education programs.
- Other duties as assigned including but not limited to; credentialing and statement posting.
• 2+ years medical billing with increasing degree of responsibility
• Certified Professional Coder required
• Medical terminology, insurance industry knowledge to include HMO and PPO requirements, and insurance protocols. Working knowledge of accounting principles.
• Knowledge of billing practices/collections, customer service including telephone etiquette, cash handling and organizational skills.
At All Care Health Center, we are committed to providing an environment of equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under applicable law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation in applying for this or other job postings, please contact the HR department at (712) 325-1990.
All Care Health Center