Mental Health Case Manager (RN)
Are you passionate about working for an organization that focuses on serving the Community? Are you looking for a fun and drama-free work place? Do you have a positive attitude and desire to provide exceptional customer service, and motivate others to do the same? If you answered yes to these questions, then All Care Health Center wants you on our team!
All Care Health Center is looking for qualified candidates interested in serving as our Mental Health Case Manager.
This position is responsible for delivering high quality patient centered care to the patients of All Care Health center. The RN will be part of an integrated care management team and will need to utilize their knowledge and skills to assist patients in developing and maintaining treatment plans that focus on reaching best outcomes.
The ideal candidate will be:
All Care Health Center offers competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Generous PTO
- Employer paid Life Insurance AND Long Term Disability
- 401(k) match and more!
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitates the integration of the mental health department with medical, dental, and social services departments at All Care Health Center. These efforts include but not limited to:
- Developing processes for incoming referrals to the mental health department
- Helping patients access care with a mental health provider
- Correlation of care between the departments * Facilitate mental health services for patients who are being referred from outside ACHC
- Maintain established relationships and participates on initiatives with community partners to improve access to mental health services
- Work to ensure the provider team’s schedules are at capacity
- Provide care coordination services and evidence based interventions that improve health outcomes. These services and interventions include but not limited to:
- Assist patients with getting medications. This may include but not limited to:
- Helping patients complete medication assistance paperwork
- Securing medication to dispense from Safe Net RX
- Medication refills and prior authorizations as needed. * Supports psychotropic medication management focusing on treatment adherence and monitoring any possible side effects or complications.
- Responsible for facilitation medication administration for patients on long acting injectable antipsychotics.
- Schedules patient appointments for the mental health department and follows up with reminder phone calls, including gathering pre-visit information as applicable.
- Provides nursing care duties to patients with medical needs as situations arise.
- Facilitates transport of patients to the hospital when a higher level of care is required.
- Screen patients for negative social determinants of health
- Facilitate referrals to Social Worker for patients that are in need of additional services (housing, vocational rehab, inpatient substance abuse treatment etc.)
- Facilitates referrals to outside facilities as requested by provider staff
- Assist with primary and secondary prevention efforts including but not limited to:
- Provide psychoeducation regarding mental health and substance use disorders
- Screen patients for mental illness and substance use disorder * Develop population management strategies and interventions to assist ACHC in meeting established metrics for the mental health department.
- Utilize effective nursing communication techniques that facilitate patient engagement and follow up care for the Behavioral Health department.
- Demonstrate proficiency with the electronic medical record. Documentation of all patient interactions in chart, and track patient data in registry tool to monitor patient caseload.
- Facilitate triage and other nursing duties as needed by other care teams at ACHC
- Registered Nurse (RN) required
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from an accredited nursing program preferred
- One year of full-time work-related experience in agency and/or medical clinic service delivery (counseling, case management, outreach, prevention/education, etc.)
- Must have at least 1 year of prior experience working within a Behavioral Health, Psychiatric, or Substance Abuse Services environment.
At All Care Health Center, we are committed to providing an environment of equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under applicable law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation in applying for this or other job postings, please contact the HR department at (712) 325-1990.
Job Type: Full-time
All Care Health Center