All Care Health Center's Mission is to provide affordable, comprehensive, high quality health care to the entire community.
We are looking for a Dental Hygienist to can join our team and to help us achieve our mission.
- Good Communicator
- Detail Oriented
All Care Health Center offers competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Paid Time Off
- Employer paid Life Insurance AND Employer paid Long Term Disability
- 401(k) match and more!
Description: The Dental Hygienist is a member of the dental team whose primary responsibility is to provide preventive periodontal treatment, patient education, and assist the dentist(s). The Dental Hygienist is supervised by and reports to the Dental Director. The Dental Director is the sole coordinator of all ACHC Dental programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take and record blood pressure, temperature, color, respiration and pulse. Complete medical and dental history.
- Update medical history of patient, highlighting significant information for dentist’s review.
- Evaluate patients’ teeth and gums, record the presence of disease, abnormalities or existing restorations. When appropriate, may call in dentist for immediate consultation.
- Make decisions in collaboration with dentist regarding the plan of care.
- Take, develop, and mount x-rays.
- Instruct patients in oral hygiene technique, answer patient questions and provide other educational information relevant to oral hygiene.
- Remove stains and plaque from teeth.
- Administer prophylactic treatment by the scaling and polishing of teeth. Also use chemical and mechanical curettage.
- Ability to use rotary and ultrasonic instruments to clean teeth.
- Ability to properly apply topical anesthetic.
- Proficient in administering local anesthetic if permitted by state practice laws.
- Ability to administer fluoride treatment as needed.
- Ability to properly place sealants.
- Ability to remove sutures and periodontal dressings.
- Practice universal precautions and other sterilization and infection control procedures, and maintain equipment.
- Provide associated administrative support, including maintaining patient documentation, patient communication and other record keeping.
- Takes impression for night-guards and mouth-guards.
- Prepare operatories for patient treatment.
- Inventory supplies related to area of work.
- Sterilize instruments.
- Perform assisting, recall and clerical duties during hygiene downtime.
- Complete charts with 48 hours of patient visit.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Have and maintain in good standing Dental Hygienist license by the State of Iowa.
- Local Anesthetic Permit issued by the State of Iowa.
- Current CPR.
- Be responsible and dependable.
- The ability to carry out the assigned duties of this position with minimal supervision.
- The ability to relate effectively to providers, patients and co-workers.
- Work effectively as a member of a team.
All Care Health Center