1. Create a positive first impression as the public’s initial point of contact with the practice by answering incoming telephone calls promptly and in warm, friendly manner; demonstrates telephone courtesies in all telephone interactions, especially when placing callers on hold or directing them to voicemail; etc.
2. Facilitates optimum communication flow by skillfully operating a multi-line telephone system; quickly and accurately determining the caller’s need; routing calls to the appropriate staff person/position or provider according to practice protocols; taking complete and accurate messages; complying with HIPAA requirements for safeguarding the privacy and security of PHI; etc.
3. Supports patient compliance with treatment plans by scheduling appointments; contacting patients regarding any rescheduled appointments; etc.
4. Maximizing provider productivity by attempting, within the limits of her/his knowledge and authority, to determine the nature of the patient’s concern in order to schedule the length of appointment needed; populating providers’ schedule templates according to practice guidelines, obtaining approval for exceptions, communicating with patients regarding any appointment changes, rescheduling missed appointments; etc.
5. Support the assimilation of new patients by obtaining demographic information on first telephone contact, confirming the patient’s insurance coverage (if any); initiating new patient record in the practice management system; informing new patients of applicable practice payment policies, informing patient of documentation required at time of and how early to arrive for first appointment, confirming new patients knows how to get to office and where to park; directing patient to website to pre-register before appointment.
6. Supports patient care and maximizes provider productivity by preparing for outreach clinics including printing charge tickets, surgery tickets, necessary office notes, pre-operative reports, audios, encounter forms and second sheets when necessary; entering schedule into electronic health record; providing necessary patient paperwork and or patient education tools; packing lab coats, medical equipment and medical supplies; preparing other items as directed by provider. Also, supports billing and other office functions by accurately entering patient information into Allscripts.
7. Responds to patient inquiries for clinic al information and attaches patients’ message to their electronic medical record, conveying information to appropriate provider or clinical staff member, and ensuring that return calls have been placed.
8. Supports productivity by viewing Solution Reach to ensure updates are occurring for reminder calls to be completed by system check Solution Reach and Portal Inbox for appointment requests and follow up requests.
9. Contributes to teamwork environment by training other staff on use of the practice’s phone and other communication system(s); explaining job knowledge and competence through relevant workshops and continuing education; becoming cross-trained in the duties of other staff as directed; obtaining and maintaining all certification required for her/his position and other positions in which she/he has been cross-trained; filling in for other staff as workload allows or as directed.
|Date Posted||November 8, 2018|
|Date Closes||December 8, 2018|
|Address||720 North 129th Street|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|Compensation||Hourly Wage, Based on Experience|
|Experience Level||Intermediate (3-7 yrs. experience)|
8:30am to 5:00pm Monday - Friday
|Hours||40 hours per week|
|SOC Category||43-4171.00 Receptionists and Information Clerks|
|Address||720 N 129th Street|
|City, State and Zip||Omaha, NE 68154|
This job offers the following benefits
This job requires the following skills
This job is related other jobs in these career categories
Course(s) relevant to the skills listed for this position