Creates positive first face to face impression of the practice and facilitates optimum customer service. This person will check patients in while making sure all paperwork is complete, inputting correct demographic and insurance information for each patient, and making sure copays are collected. At check out, they will schedule follow up appointments as needed and send patients on their way with a positive impression of the office.
Employee will work in an ambulatory health care setting which includes care for general ENT patients as well as surgical ENT patients. The physicians, health care providers, and ancillary personnel work together as a team to provide a continuum of health care needs. In addition, the position assignments, locations, scheduled hours may vary to provide quality patient care.
Principle Responsibilities (the outcomes/results for which this position exists)
1. Create a positive first face to face impression of the office as one of the initial points of contact with the public by being courteous and helpful when checking in patients for their appointments or assisting with other matters.
2. Offer the highest quality customer service when assisting patients in a warm and friendly manner while checking patients in and out.
3. Prior to clinic, prep clinic by running eligibility.
4. Manage daily appointment schedule and appropriately mark in Allscripts when an appointment is cancelled or missed. Properly notify MA when patient has arrived through Allscripts.
5. Greet and direct all ENT Specialist’s visitors. This includes patients, sales reps, and other guests.
6. Have each patient complete the appropriate paperwork for his or her appointment. This includes reviewing Allscripts for the correct demographic information and insurance information, scanning insurance cards, and collecting copays. (If patient fills out paperwork you will be expected to enter all patient information correctly into his or her chart.)
7. Notifies answering service of call schedule changes.
8. Assist with answering rollover calls and either respond to inquiries such as making or changing an appointment and directing callers to the appropriate personnel as needed.
9. Clean waiting room at noon and at the end of the day.
10. Adhere to ENT Specialist’s confidentiality policies.
Minimum education/experience required: High school diploma or equivalent; completion of medical office assisting curriculum preferred. Prior experience as front desk clerk and/or customer service.
Key Competencies (knowledge, skills, and abilities) required
1. Customer service
2. Problem Solving
3. Verbal communication skills
4. Listening skills
5. Computer skills
6. Data entry (35 WPM minimum)
7. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
8. Written communication skills (spelling)
9. Teamwork/Team participation
10. Stress tolerance
11. Work ethic
• Requires full range of body motion including, but not limited to bending, lifting, manual and finger dexterity, eye hand coordination.
• Requires sitting, standing, and walking for extended periods of time.
• Requires lifting, carrying, pulling and/or pushing as any given time.
• Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
• May involving working through urgent and stressful conditions.
Disclaimer: This document is meant to be a general statement about this job and not to be considered a detailed assignment of all work requirements. It may be modified by my supervisor to adjust for necessary changes. I understand the above are job requirements and at this time, I know of no limitations that would prevent me from performing these functions with or without reasonable accommodations. I further understand that it is my responsibility to inform my supervisor at any time that I am unable to perform these essential job functions. I have read the job description for this position and agree to perform tasks and activities related to fulfilling the essential functions of the job, and understand that it will provide a basis for evaluating my performance.
|Date Posted||November 6, 2018|
|Date Closes||December 6, 2018|
|Address||720 N 129th Street|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|Experience Level||Intermediate (3-7 yrs. experience)|
8AM to 4:30PM
|Hours||40 hours per week|
|SOC Category||43-4171.00 Receptionists and Information Clerks|
This job offers the following benefits
This job requires the following skills
This job is related other jobs in these career categories
Course(s) relevant to the skills listed for this position