Are you an experienced controller with a ‘role up your sleeves’ kind of attitude? Our client, an Iowa-based firm, seeks a Financial Controller to handle all accounting functions for this growing company in the IT space.
TELL ME MORE
Our client is a new and growing IT consulting firm, with a significant presence in Nebraska and Iowa. They are seeking a Controller within the area to perform all things accounting and finance by bringing the functions in-house. This is a newly created role, as a result of growth within the company.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Handle all accounts receivable and accounts payable transactions
- Determine whether to outsource full-cycle payroll functions or bring in-house
- Manage all aspects of day-to-day accounting operations
- Responsible for all accounting and bank reconciliations, GL journal entries, and producing monthly financial statements
- Evaluate company processes and optimize internal/external systems
- Ad hoc reporting as needed by ownership and management
- Will eventually be responsible for hiring accounting staff as needed
- CPA required
- Must be proactive and engaged in company’s success
- Experienced in Tax, bookkeeping and/or Audit
- Familiar with QuickBooks, Sage, NetSuite, and Peachtree software
- Previous experience working with billable hours and/or project-based billing
- Must be able to commute to Des Moines office monthly
For confidential consideration, apply online at www.lutz.us/applyfor the most prompt response. You can also call Jessica Lage @ 402.778.7974. We understand that confidentiality is extremely important. Your resume will NOT be forwarded to our client without your permission.