Lutz Tech + Project Engineer
Lutz, is an expert technology solutions firm that partners with clients to simplify complexities. We have a sharp, experienced team that believes looking you in the eye to get where you’re coming from is a vital part of getting to the bottom line and taking you where you want to go.
We are currently seeking a dynamic IT consultant to fill the role of Project Engineer on our IT Project Team. In your role as a Project Engineer, you will be responsible for the analysis, design, implementation and documentation of customer cloud and on-premise technology projects. You will also provide technical assistance to the technology support team members as required. In addition, you must be able to demonstrate the ability to understand the business impact of technology decisions within customers’ networks and recommend the most comprehensive solutions in our service catalog in order to meet the customers’ business objectives.
The Project Engineer will be a key player on our customer-facing service team. The ideal candidate will be customer service oriented as well as efficient in both network troubleshooting and network server builds. Work within a structured environment while contributing to the continual process of improvement. This position will be a good fit if you have a solid work ethic, great attitude, enthusiasm about learning, and a passion to create a career for yourself at a rapidly growing MSP with a fundamentally solid business structure.
Additional responsibilities, qualifications, and highlights below:
- Build rapport with clients and ultimately become a trusted advisor by gaining an in-depth understanding of business operations, and adding value through consultation, providing recommendations and decision-making to ultimately assist in reaching their business goals
- Serving as a business analyst, research and design both short-term and long-term technology plans and strategies for customers
- Assist with the creation of project work plans
- Will be tasked with hands-on implementation of proposed technology solutions within our service catalog
- Identify technology-based opportunities for customers related to areas such as operational efficiencies and reduction in support issues
- Effectively communicate features and benefits of solutions and manage customer expectations throughout the business relationship
- The ideal candidate will have a bachelor degree in MIS, Business Administration, Computer Science or a related subject, although consideration will be given to those with real world experience matching that level of education.
- Exposure to the following is a must:
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Exchange Server
- SAN Technology
- Dell and HP Server Hardware
- Exposure to the following is highly desired, but not required:
- Office 365
- Windows Remote Desktop Server
- Theoretical and Practical Application of IP
- Active Directory
- Enterprise Backup Solutions
- Enterprise Antivirus Solutions
- Firewall Appliances (Cisco, WatchGuard, SonicWall)
- Citrix Server
- Router Configuration Experience
- VPN Technology
- Cloud and Remote Backup Solutions
- Microsoft MCP, MCITP, MCSA, or MCSE and VMware VCP certifications highly preferred
- Any of the following IT Certifications are an additional plus:
- Citrix CCEA or CCIA
- SonicWall CSSA
- Cisco CCNP, CCIE, CCNA or CCDA
- Must be a lean-forward, client-focused, relationship-based individual that enjoys working collaboratively as a team to achieve goals
- Become part of our unique culture that has won us Omaha’s Best Places to Work!
- Position opening due to immense growth! Revenue has grown by double digits in each of the last 3 years!!
We are a strong firm because we invest wholeheartedly in bright people and genuine partnerships. We will make the most of individual and comprehensive strengths for those who are as passionate about their business as we are; and we will continue to do our damnedest to enjoy the ride. Seeing happiness on clients’ faces and one another’s will assure us that we are living up to the highest standards of success: our own.
Job Number – 4872RR