ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT + Temp-to-Hire + Outstanding Company
Are you looking to start or grow your career in corporate accounting? If you have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration/Management, and are interested in a temp-to-hire accounting position, we have a great opportunity for you!! Our client, a well-established and internationally recognized company headquartered in Omaha, NE, is looking for up-and-coming accounting professionals.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: This person is responsible for the accounting of all expenses and payment of all goods & services.
- Code and prepare invoices, expense reports and check requests; monitoring for proper documentation & approvals
- Prepare batch check runs, credit card payments, wire transfers, and ACH transactions
- Set up new vendors in the accounting system
- Handle all aspects of vendor correspondence & maintenance of vendor master records, including certificates of insurance & W-9’s
- Complete monthly account reconciliations, including bank reconciliations and ensuring accounts balance with supporting documentation
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Ad-hoc reporting and other duties, as assigned
- Identify and implement department process improvements and enhancements
- Accounts Payable and/or Receivable experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Must be extremely detail oriented with strong problem-solving skills
- Solid understanding of GAAP accounting principles
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to maximize efficiency
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Work well both independently and within a team
For confidential consideration, apply online at www.lutz.us/apply for the promptest response. You can also call Ben Wormington @ 402.214.3129 or submit your resume to email@example.com. We understand that confidentiality is extremely important. Your resume will NOT be forwarded to our client without your permission.
Job Number - 4774SG