Preweigher 1st Shift
6:30 am -3:00 pm Monday - Friday
Provide support to the production batching staff by pre-weighing materials for the purpose of transferring chemicals and materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pulling stock or restocking raw materials and chemicals as directed by hand or using lifts, jacks, tippers.
- Return empty barrels to utility workers area.
- Keep Pre-weigh area clean and free of spills using mops, water hoses, brooms, etc.
- Provide assistance to lab and batching departments as directed.
- Consolidate chemicals to provide room for new chemicals or products.
- Communicate effectively with others.
- Maintain a good attendance record.
- Perform work onsite.
- Perform duties safely.
- Assist in training employees new to the department.
- Operate RF Gun at an advanced level.
- Willing to train in other areas and functions as a backup to that area (e.g., Compounding).
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Additional Expectation: Perform other duties, as assigned.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- High School or equivalent.
- Intermediate math skills including division, multiplication, fractions and percentages.
- Ability to read and interpret measure scales and gauges including metrics.
- Ability to comprehend complex OSHA and safety regulations; MSDS forms; FDA regulations and GMP compliance.
- Ability to use simple tools and reason out basic mechanical and physical problems.
- Ability to read, write and speak English competently.
Preferred Knowledge, Certifications, Skills, Abilities:
- 1 year of High School chemistry or equivalent learning.
- Advance level of math skills including analytical ability.
- Forklift license or training. Hazardous material training.
- Manufacturing environment—some temperature extremes, dust, noise, and wet conditions.