$1,000 HIRING BONUS
SHIPPING FORKLIFT OPERATOR
7:00 am - 3:30 pm
Use RF unit technology to pull, stage and load trucks for shipment with a stand-up forklift. Stand-up forklift experience is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Using stand-up forklift or pallet jack, organize products to be shipped in their proper places.
- Sorts, counts, totals, and identifies by shipping descriptions, weights, and classes all packages.
- Sort and identify Haz Mat.
- Double checks paperwork with address labels and cartons.
- Wraps products and uses forklift or pallet jack to load shipments onto trucks.
- Understand and follow Department of Transportation (DOT), safety, Hazardous Materials, and other related standards regarding shipping via interstate commerce and air transport.
- Complete paperwork including Bills of Lading (BOL) and Haz Mat paperwork according to standards.
- Ensure complete shipment of goods with 100% accuracy according to paperwork provided with outbound shipments.
- Notifying Supervisor of any safety or mechanical issues of forklift.
- Notifying Supervisor of all accidents or issues.
- Maintain cleanliness in assigned areas.
- Maintain cleanliness and good working order of all assigned equipment.
- Comply with all safety and compliance standards set forth by Marianna.
- Communicate effectively with others.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
Additional Expectation: Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- High School or equivalent experience.
- Ability to operate forklift and pallet jack.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to complete tasks under pressure.
- Knowledge of proper hazardous shipment handling procedures and markings.
- Inventory control knowledge.
- Ability to read, write and speak English competently.
Preferred Knowledge, Certifications, Skills, Abilities:
- Forklift license or training.
- Hazardous material training.
- Knowledge of RF Scanners, AS400.
- Microsoft Office experience.
- Manufacturing environment – some temperature extremes, dust, noise and wet.