Production Line Leader
Weekend Shift 4:30 am - 5:30 pm
Friday - Sunday
$1,000 HIRING BONUS!
To oversee the operation of a production line, monitoring quality, efficiency, safety, troubleshooting, and application of lean principles. Insure procedures are followed and that line personnel are properly trained.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership for line.
- Direct and train production line personnel; including down time responsibilities.
- Communicate production and performance expectations to line personnel.
- Coordinate changeover process and verify components staged on line.
- Report issues that might or do result in “Hold” material.
- Identify, analyze, and correct production rate barriers.
- Ensure proper line staffing.
- Operate a zone on the line.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of line equipment, tools and instrumentation.
- Perform each position online and run each zone.
- Line set up, zone set up and preventive maintenance of equipment.
- Comply with quality, safety and efficiency standards and practices.
- Maintain a high degree of personal hygiene and housekeeping.
- Follow and promote others to follow company’s Safety, Quality and GMP policies and procedures.
- Maintain an excellent attendance record.
- Stop, remove and/or report safety hazards.
- Assure complete and accurate data and documentation of information.
- Participate in team meetings and display a positive attitude.
- Positively impact metrics, costs, throughput, uptime and efficiency.
- Help facilitate, sponsor and train new and temporary team members.
- Act polite and professional and foster “team mentality”.
- Get along well with others.
- Understand staff capacities, published production schedule, goals and SOP’s.
- Identify problems and issues and initiate corrective actions.
- Report redline concerns to Management.
- Communicate effectively with others.
- Maintain a good attendance record for (4) 10-hour shift Monday-Thursday and Friday, as needed.
- Perform work onsite.
Additional Expectation: Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- High School or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years experience in manufacturing industry.
- Minimum 1 year leadership and training experience in manufacturing.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently.
- Mechanical aptitude with fast paced production line equipment.
- Intermediate math skills.
- Comfortable working under deadlines.
- Proven strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to exercise judgment and set priorities.
- Ability to direct, delegate, problem solve while organizing and prioritizing based on deadlines.
- RF gun skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak English competently.
Preferred Knowledge, Certifications, Skills, Abilities:
- Experience working with Lean manufacturing principles.
- Demonstrated competency running each zone.
- Post secondary education.
- 2 years experience in leadership role in manufacturing industry.
- Advanced math aptitude.
- CRT or computer knowledge.
- Experience using AS400 system.
- Manufacturing environment—some temperature extremes, dust, noise, and wet.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Marianna recognizes that an individual with a disability may require an accommodation to enable him/her to successfully perform a job function. Consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.