MATERIAL HANDLING LEAD
Job Summary: Loading and unloading trucks while supplying production areas with product or removing finished goods to warehouse storage area. Managing the daily operation of the handling team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities: (Essential job functions)
- Manage an effective team.
- Keep equipment in good working order and ensure employees do so as well.
- Ensure proper communication of equipment repair and preventive maintenance needs.
- Ensure people are suitably trained to use equipment.
- Establish or adjust work procedures and schedules to meet project and production schedules.
- Comply with and work with staff to ensure compliance of regulatory and company standards and procedures.
- Communicate company policies and procedures to employees and enforce them.
- Manage and mentor team, ensuring development of the required skill sets.
- Ensure proper staffing.
- Communicate information and projects up and down the chain of command.
- Establish and maintain effective, professional relationships.
- Make recommendations on employment decisions (e.g., hiring, disciplinary action, termination).
- Implement, interpret and affect policies and operating practices.
- Troubleshoot and assist with problem solving.
- Demonstrate independent judgment and make recommendations regarding business practices.
- Move product to necessary location.
- Bring supplies as needed to production line.
- Receive incoming materials and stores material in its designated area according to established system.
- Load empty pallets and storage units to their designated spaces.
- Maintain a safe and orderly storage arrangement for all items handled by forklift driver.
- Maintain cleanliness in assigned areas.
- Oversee operation in supervisor absence for handling department.
- Provide other assistance as directed.
- Perform material transfers utilizing RF scanners.
- of any safety or mechanical issues of forklift.
- Notifying Supervisor of all accidents or issues.
- Following safety features established through Marianna.
- Communicate effectively with others.
- Maintain a good attendance record.
- Perform work onsite.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Expectation: Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities: (Those essential to minimum performance)
- High School or equivalent.
- Ability to operate forklift, pallet jack, and dolly.
- Ability to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
- Detail Orientation and organized.
- Ability to work independently and complete tasks under pressure.
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills.
- Knowledge of hazardous shipment handling procedures.
- Ability to learn shipping rules and exceptions.
- Inventory control knowledge.
- Ability to read, write and speak English competently.
Preferred Knowledge, Certifications, Skills, Abilities: (Those helpful to effective performance)
- Forklift license or training.
- Advanced CRT, PC skills
- Hazardous material training.
Environmental Conditions: (Note only those above minimal concern or exposure)
- Manufacturing environment—some temperature extremes, dust, noise, and wet.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Marianna recognizes that an individual with a disability may require an accommodation to enable him/her to successfully perform a job function. Consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.