Thermal Services, Inc. Omaha, NE
Thermal Services has an immediate opening for a full time Accounting Specialist
We are looking for a detailed-oriented Accounting Specialist with at least 3 years of accounting experience. A degree in accounting or finance is preferred, but not required. Applicant will be cross-trained in all key accounting functions with an initial focus on customer accounts receivable cash posting, payroll functions and accounts payable functions. The candidate must have knowledge of general accounting principles and be proficient at MS Office. Applicants must have a positive and proactive attitude with strong organizational skills, excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritize. In return, Thermal Services offers its employees a comprehensive benefits package, a positive work environment and growth opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply customer payments in a timely and accurate manner
- Process vendor A/P invoices to include purchase order matching
- Assist with payroll functions to include daily time verification, time entry and weekly spiff tracking
- Maintain and track internal corporate T&E credit card receipts and post to accounting system
- Assist with the review and processing of department A/R invoices to ensure accuracy.
- Assist with month-end close process and account reconciliations.
- Assist with monthly service contract billings
- Assist with all job permit and/or insurance certificate requests.
- A minimum of 3 years of Accounting experience and BBA in Accounting or Finance is preferred.
- Ability to learn and utilize ERP accounting software
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel
- Keen sense of accuracy, attention to detail and ability to follow directions and procedures.
- Demonstrate excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards while maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet task deadlines.
| Date Posted
March 8, 2019
| Date Closes
April 7, 2019
| Located In
| Job Type
| Experience Level
Intermediate (3-7 yrs. experience)
40 hours per week
| Start Date
| SOC Category
43-3031.00 Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Bereavement Pay
- Discounts on Employer Merchandise & Services
- Holiday Party
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Merit Increases
This job requires the following skills
- Data Entry
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivables
- Billing / Invoicing
- Cash Management
- Payroll Administration
- Payroll Processing
This job is related other jobs in these career categories
Course(s) relevant to the skills listed for this position