iFoam is taking the insulation industry by storm and we are looking for exceptional talent to grow with us. We love helping our customers transform their homes with superior foam insulation. It is a mission that takes professional determination to be the best. If you are looking for a dynamic environment where you are empowered to drive your career and achieve professional growth and be part of building something great, then join us and be part of the iFoam team.
The General Manager (GM) is responsible for providing leadership and daily support to direct and indirect reports within the team. The GM will stress fundamentals—the basic skills that make the team a consistent winner defined by sustained superior performance. The GM will work directly with the warehouse, spray and administrative teams to ensure timely and efficient delivery to our customer base. Main activities of this position are to run the day-to-day operations, train, coach and mentor technicians, provide expert technical assistance to resolve roadblocks during installs and assisting with complicated service requests. This individual will effectively partner with dispatch and build relationships with customers to ensure their needs are being met. This individual will ensure all inventory management of the warehouse and rigs are accurate and kept to standard with the warehouse manager.
- Form and lead high performing teams and contribute to branch efforts to source, hire, train and develop talent to success. Provide feedback and coaching through regular check-ins and touch bases.
- Maintain a high level of visibility in the field, leading technicians, and monitoring the work of both technicians and subcontractors. Contribute technical assistance by testing or troubleshooting installs. Ensure local, county, state or federal code requirements are being met.
- Provide technical expertise to more difficult jobs to ensure quality work and customer satisfaction.
- Contribute to a Customer First environment which achieves ultimate customer service/satisfaction.
- Mentor and coach technicians and coordinators on the proper techniques, working safely, customer service and overall performance and skill development and document timely.
- Ensure all safety guidelines are followed and that the company is following all regulatory rules and regulations to promote and maintain a safe and healthy work environment and reduce workplace accidents and injuries.
- Train, educate and implement and/or continue to develop all technicians to perform to these processes and metrics. This may include but not be limited to facilitating and participating in regular “Toolbox Talks”, performing tech ride-a-longs, initiating corrective action and other activities as needed.
- Promptly address customer issues and complaints, and develop solutions to resolve issues timely, and effectively. Communicate with appropriate personnel regarding customer issues, and status of resolving such issues to foster a customer- focused workplace.
- Monitor, review and approve technician and coordinator timecards in a timely manner, utilizing tools to ensure accuracy and compliance to any applicable state required wage (including but not limited to OT, DT and prevailing wage), shift, meal and break laws.
- Maintain company property and documentation in accordance with established policies, handle proprietary information in the prescribed manner, and adhere to policies and procedures including all safety requirements.
- Responsibilities include hiring, training, reviewing, and developing all technicians on the team.
- Field Leaders must have flexibility to support technicians.
- Travel required throughout geography to support business needs.
- Review Inventory Management of products and safety materials with the warehouse manager.
- Analyze business results based on KPI reporting.
- Complete vehicle inspections to comply with maintenance requirements.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 4+ years' experience in a lead, supervisory or management role
- Valid state driver’s license
- Vocational/Technical degree in aligned area of study or equivalent experience
- Existing relationships with commercial and/or residential builders
- Experience estimating, bidding and installing
- Technical certifications
- Project Management Certification
- Prior experience directly managing a team of hourly employees
- Experience using spray foam equipment and processes
- Experience with a performance management system
- Knowledge of project management, resources allocation, technician utilization and cost control
- Possess an understanding of job financial reports and the ability to apply these to cost containment in managing projects
- Demonstrated ability to conduct weekly meetings and report on project activity.
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations for Construction Projects
- Be technically adept and have experience with common Microsoft Office, web-based systems, and conferencing/video technology
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Stand; walk; sit; twist; use hands to handle; reach with hands and arms; push; pull; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear.
- Use vision abilities including: close, distance, peripheral, depth, and color.
- Work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions/circumstances such as with ladders, scaffolding, high lift equipment, wires, ducts, crawl spaces, attics, above ceilings, etc.
- Lift, move, and hold up to approximately 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work a full-time, flexible schedule with “on call availability” and must be able to travel on short notice.
- Must be able to drive a motor vehicle (day and evenings) for extended time periods
This job search function is performed on behalf of IFoam an independently owned and operated company, and not Franchisor, HorsePower Brands. Franchisor, HorsePower Brands and its affiliates, including HPB Recruitment LLC, is an independent contractor of IFoam and does not have any authority to bind, commit, direct, or otherwise control iFoam. Neither HorsePower Brands and its affiliates, including HPB Recruitment LLC nor IFoam shall be deemed a joint employer of the other’s employees, and nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed or construed to create a joint venture, partnership, fiduciary or agency relationship between the Parties for any purpose. IFoam employees shall not be deemed “employees” or “leased” employees of HorsePower Brands for any purpose, in law or equity. Applicant acknowledges, understands, and agrees that Applicant is applying for an employment position of IFoam and not HorsePower Brands or its affiliates], and that if hired, the Applicant shall be an employee of iFoam and not HorsePower Brands or its affiliates. Applicant acknowledges, understands, and agrees that any claims, disputes, causes of action, of any kind, in contract or tort, at law or equity, related to the employment of the Applicant by iFoam, shall be made against iFoam, and not HorsePower Brands or its affiliates.