General Manager in Katy, TX
The General Manager is responsible for providing leadership and daily support to direct and indirect reports within the team. The General Manager will work directly with the service and administrative team to ensure timely and efficient delivery to our customer base. The main activities of this position are to train, coach and mentor technicians providing expert technical assistance to resolve roadblocks during services and assisting with complicated service requests. This individual will effectively partner with technicians and build relationships with customers to ensure their satisfaction. The position also entails basic administrative and human resource tasks, coordinating subcontracted work for services outside of our normal offering, and executing the vision of the Owners for customer care, marketing, product presentation, and business growth.
- Oversee daily operations of business, including but not limited to, scheduling, dispatching, troubleshooting, quality control, key performance indicators, invoicing, etc.
- Recruit, Interview, Orientate, Train, and Manage technicians
- Develop and implement training for safety, in-field applications, and sales to staff, management, and new hires
- Meet daily with technicians to discuss production plans, goals, and issues
- Provide customer service by evaluating lawns through diagnosis of disease or inspection of problems, or other issues
- Provide accurate production records weekly and monthly
- Coordinate with company to forecast sales, budgets, efficiencies, and other key performance indicators on a quarterly and annual basis
- Coordinate with mechanics for vehicle and equipment maintenance
- Create processes and procedures to systemize, enhance, and streamline department operations and sales
- Actively drive sales through new leads, referrals, existing client up-sells, and other sources of revenue related to the business
- Work in unison with brand marketing department in creating concepts and content for brand awareness, promotional literature, electronic correspondences, and other materials directly related to department
- Maintain proper inventory of products with vendor relationships
- Develop relationships with vendors to maintain product, equipment, and materials at the best available production and price
- Seek and foster relationships with subcontractors to provide services outside of our offering such as mowing, trimming, hardscaping, soft scaping, sodding, irrigation installation, etc.
- Strategic planning and execution for the business based on the Owners vision
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of technical experience
- 4+ years' experience in a lead, supervisory or management role in
- Valid state drivers license
- Demonstrated knowledge of fertilizer and irrigation materials; minimum two years
- Ability to obtain proper licenses for Fertilization and Irrigation
- Demonstrated knowledge of and use of fertilizer applicator equipment and technology
- Ability to diagnose and apply appropriate treatment through Integrated Pest Management
- Strong ability to organize, prioritize, multi-task, and communicate effectively
- Goal/detail-oriented, critical thinker, and ready to aggressively expand
- Work a full time position as by determined by seasonal fluctuations
- Assertive, confident leader with a positive attitude and professional demeanor
- Networking skills with other professionals/professional organizations, customers, and vendors
- Vocational/Technical degree in aligned area of study
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Stand; walk; sit; twist; use hands to handle; reach with hands and arms; push; pull; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear.
- Lift, move, and hold up to approximately 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work a full-time, flexible schedule with on call availability and must be able to travel on short notice.
- Must be able to drive a motor vehicle (day and evenings) for extended time periods
This job search function is performed on behalf of HEROES an independently owned and operated company, and not Franchisor, HorsePower Brands. Franchisor, HorsePower Brands and its affiliates, including HPB Recruitment LLC, is an independent contractor of HEROES and does not have any authority to bind, commit, direct, or otherwise control HEROES. Neither HorsePower Brands and its affiliates, including HPB Recruitment LLC nor HEROES shall be deemed a joint employer of the others employees, and nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed or construed to create a joint venture, partnership, fiduciary, or agency relationship between the Parties for any purpose. HEROES employees shall not be deemed employees or leased employees of HorsePower Brands for any purpose, in law or equity. Applicant acknowledges, understands, and agrees that Applicant is applying for an employment position of HEROES and not HorsePower Brands or its affiliates, and that if hired, the Applicant shall be an employee of HEROES and not HorsePower Brands or its affiliates. Applicant acknowledges, understands, and agrees that any claims, disputes, causes of action, of any kind, in contract or tort, at law or equity, related to the employment of the Applicant by HEROES, shall be made against HEROES, and not HorsePower Brands or its affiliates.