Total First Year Target Compensation: $100,000 - $150,000 – Base + Uncapped Variable Compensation + Bonus
All Boston Mutual employees who interact with our policyholders, our producers, and our BML associates embrace the principles of our brand and service philosophy. We are all brand ambassadors. Both our words and our behaviors matter. We share a common service philosophy and pride ourselves in living the BML brand promises every day, one interaction at a time.
The following statements represent what Boston Mutual stands “FOR” – it is what makes us different and better in the market we serve.
- We are FOR being a progressive life insurance company dedicated to offering financial peace of mind to working Americans and their families.
- We are FOR providing practical and affordable products designed for those we serve.
- We are FOR making it easy to secure a level of financial protection with a portfolio of products – beginning with life insurance – via enrollment and billing options at the workplace.
- We are FOR providing a personalized customer experience to our policyholders and producers.
- We are FOR acting in the best interests of our policyholders, producers, employees and the communities in which we live and serve – representing the goodness of mutuality in all we do.
We do our best to:
- Demonstrate a desire to assist
- Listen for understanding and respond empathetically
- Explain things in a manner that is easy to understand
- Be knowledgeable students of our business
- Take full ownership to resolve questions and issues
- Be professional, polite and courteous
- Leave our customers and associates “better than where we found them”
The Regional Sales Director is responsible for cultivating and maintaining relationships, promoting and selling Boston Mutual products and demonstrating the highest levels of service professionalism in all they do.
The Regional Sales Director is expected to:
- Develop and maintain a network of brokers and agents in their assigned territory who will promote and sell Boston Mutual’s products.
- Become fully engaged in learning Boston Mutual’s products, underwriting, and administrative processes.
- Promote the entire suite of products offered through Workplace Solutions and expand the product and services presentation across the network of brokers and agents in your territory.
- Embrace and support the Boston Mutual Brand and One Company approach to increase awareness in your territory.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with brokers, agents, and key customer accounts in your territory.
- Use Boston Mutual’s tools at your disposal to expand and deepen distribution opportunities with brokers and agents in your territory who are not familiar with Boston Mutual.
- Meet or exceed individual performance metrics and goals while contributing to the overall goals of the organization.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with those within the organization thus offering you more opportunity to achieve your objectives while providing the best in products and customer services.
- Be proactive in working with the appropriate resources to resolve problems.
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, underwriting offers, administrative processes, etc. Share learnings with peers.
- Recommend changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Manage all business related expenses.
- Understand, promote and stay within Boston Mutual’s target markets and suite of products/services
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required.
Experience: Minimum 3 years of equivalent experience with a preferable focus in the voluntary benefits space.
- Self-motivated with a proven track record in meeting sales goals and objectives by developing, growing and maintaining strong relationships with brokers, agents, enrollment partners and key customer accounts in your territory
- A strong focus on personal sales and performance metrics in tracking and impacting results that enable sustained success.
- Strong collaborative approach to sales with a focus on the success of themselves and the overall team, from both a producer and home office perspective. Focus on win-win solutions that impact both top and bottom line results.
- Ability to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently.
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to close deals and move the company/strategy forward to a successful outcome.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) with a proven ability to prepare and deliver persuasive PowerPoint presentations.
- Strong working knowledge of marketplace and the products and services offered.
- Clear understanding of field underwriting concepts and ability to apply.
We returned to the office in May 2022, employees are required to be in office on Mondays and Thursdays at this time. There may be times in which employees are requested to come on site more days during the week based on business need.
Boston Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. Boston Mutual is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military service, veteran status, family status, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state laws. Boston Mutual is a drug-free workplace, and any offer extended will be contingent upon appropriate results of a drug test.