FREE Health Insurance
Direct Support Professional - Community (Full Time) [Bellevue]
Job Description and Hours
The Direct Support Professional/Community, under the supervision of a Manager or Supervisor, is responsible for direct care and supports to individuals receiving services in all settings. The job emphasis is on giving the persons in service the opportunity to make decisions and to participate in the community. The working hours are varied and can include daytime, evening, overnight and weekend hours.
Our Uncompromising Mission: To empower adults with intellectual or Developmental Disabilities to live life to the fullest through assisting with the activities of daily living.
At Duet (formerly ENCOR), we provide support services to adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities with a focus on empowerment and independence throughout 5 counties in Eastern Nebraska. We assist in the activities of daily living, provide community engagement opportunities, job coaching and life skills training, as well as skilled nursing care as needed.
What is a DSP?
A Direct Support professional empowers someone with an intellectual or developmental disability to achieve their goals. This person will work in both a day services and residential group home setting.
Hours: Normally day hours, but can include evenings
A Day in the Life:
- Community Engagement – help the people we support to actively participate in chosen community events
- Transportation – drive people supported to and from community events and all appointments as needed
- Empowerment - work together to complete assessments and follow programs that will achieve the desired goals. Everyone has their own goals, and we strive to make sure those goals are achieved!
- Medication & Documentation - administer medications and complete daily documentation in an accurate and timely manner
- Build Relationships – This is an incredibly rewarding position where you build relationships with the people we support
- Activities of Daily Living – provide assistance with and promote independence in the following areas: cooking, cleaning, assisting with toileting and bathing as needed, meal planning and grocery shopping, budgeting, laundry, watching movies, playing games, going for walks, crafting, and exploring!
For the safety of the people we support, we require the following:
- Be at least 18 years of age with a High School Diploma or GED
- Have a valid driver’s license in good standing with fairly clean driving record
- Have a car with insurance
- Able to pass background check, drug screen, and pre-employment physical (including 70 pound lift)
- Able to clearly and effectively communicate with all staff and people supported
- Demonstrated ability to utilize basic computer functions and email
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, walk, sit, stand, climb, push, carry, lift, and grasp
What Makes us Special:
- No previous experience required! We will provide all necessary trainings and certifications
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for all Full-Time employees (medical, dental & vision) *90 day waiting period
- Company paid Short-Term-Disability & Long-Term Disability
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Casual Dress
- 12 days Paid Vacation & 12 days Paid Sick Time (24 days total)
- 11 paid holidays
- Pension & Retirement Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
Omaha Jobs personal care service workers home health aides - direct support professional