Habitat for Humanity of Lincoln builds strength, stability, self-reliance and shelter. We believe everyone deserves a decent place to live.
Habitat Lincoln is one of more than 1,100 local affiliates of Habitat for Humanity International. We are locally governed by a board of directors. Celebrating more than 30 years of service, we are poised for significant growth over the next five years. To accommodate for this growth, our organization is hiring a Construction Site Supervisor.
The site supervisor is responsible for the on-site training of volunteers and supervision of building crews to increase housing production capacity. The site supervisor will also be responsible for responding to home warranty requests and helping with Habitat’s home repair program.
Time Commitment: This position is full-time, non-exempt. Hours are generally Tuesday through Saturday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., but this position does require some evening and additional weekend work.
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Associates Degree preferred
- 2 year’s construction or trade experience
- Must share a passion for the Habitat for Humanity mission and ability to influence others to share our vision
- Basic knowledge of construction tasks
- Experience leading crews of skilled and unskilled volunteers in construction tasks
- Familiarity with building plans/specs
- Ability to work with diverse ages, populations, and socioeconomic levels
- Ability to work well with people, both skilled and unskilled, volunteers, tradespeople and families
- Ability to inspire, motivate, and supervise volunteers, hold them accountable for their work and praise them for their efforts
- Must be able to perform with minimum supervision and direction, and lift more than 50 pounds
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
Salary: $17-$20 Hourly
Benefits: Medical insurance coverage (Habitat pays 75% of the premium for the employee; coverage is available for dependents at full cost to the employee); dental, and vision (paid by employee) group life/Accidental death, short-term and long-term disability (paid by Habitat). 401(k) plan with 3% match; vacation and sick time; paid holidays; ReStore discount.