Manages day-to-day shipping, receiving, and/or elevator operations of the Council Bluffs location to ensure all activities are aligned and coordinated, and supply adequate materials to production lines in order to produce the scheduled quantities. Oversees the efficient movement of finished goods from the production floor to the proper warehouse location for shipping. Directs safety and operations of the rail yard.
- Manages storage and the regulatory compliance associated with the storage of the crops for the assigned elevator.
- Coordinates with OVC Commercial group to ensure sufficient supply and movement of the stored crops.
- Manage the shipping, receiving, and/or elevator operations in a safe and efficient manner, including coordinating the collection and storage of beans and meal
- Collaborates with OVC Commercial Logistics and has direct oversight of rail moving equipment and movement of rail affecting the onsite elevator.
- Oversee the continuous improvement of the shipping, receiving and/or elevator operation department(s)
- Direct, monitor, implement and maintain the safety and HACCP programs and identify improvement opportunities to ensure a safe working environment
- Monitor product quantities and quality and direct personnel to adjust process if needed to meet customer specifications and needs.
- Coordinate and communicate with other functional areas to ensure that transportation demurrage costs are minimized
- Ensure operational efficiencies targets are achieved
- Ensure adherence to best practices, standard practices and compliance with facility work practices
- Oversee the production supply and/or finished product inventories
- Ensure that receiving and unloading activities are completed in allotted timeframe to maximize efficiencies and defray demurrage
- Provide employee training, including safety training to ensure consistent operating practices
- Oversee facility housekeeping programs to ensure facility maintains regulatory compliance as well as achieving all facility housekeeping standards
- Participate in employee recruitment, interviews and hiring process as needed
- Enhance employee relations and encourage a team environment and crew to crew cooperation
- Assist in preparing 5-year capital plans
- Assist budgeting and maintaining the budget for the department
- Coordinate maintenance and contractor work and activities in the department.
- Duties assigned or requested by management
- High School Diploma/equivalent is required; Associate's or Bachelor’s Degree in technical field is preferred but not required.
- 10 or more years of shipping, receiving, grain elevator or related production operations experience required.
- Demonstrated skills related to the areas of operations, mechanical, analytics.
- 5 or more years of prior experience working in a supervisory and or team leader role required.
- Experience working with and through other people to meet objectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills is required.
- Proficient with basic computer skills, including Outlook, Excel, Microsoft Word, SAP and other technical software packages is preferred.
- Capable of mastering comprehension of oneweigh scale system.
- Understanding of commercial roles and aspects of the business preferred.
Bunge (NYSE: BG) is a world leader in sourcing, processing and supplying oilseed and grain products and ingredients. Founded in 1818, Bunge’s expansive network feeds and fuels a growing world, creating sustainable products and opportunities for more than 70,000 farmers and the consumers they serve across the globe. The company is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri and has 25,000 employees worldwide who stand behind more than 350 port terminals, oilseed processing plants, grain facilities, and food and ingredient production and packaging facilities around the world.
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Shipping & Receiving Manager operations manager shipping specialists business operationsshipping and receiving personnel omaha jobs