Location : Council Bluffs IA OPD
City : Council Bluffs
State : Iowa (US-IA)
Country : United States (US)
Requisition Number : 21579
The Senior Project Engineer will be involved in the design and construction of new projects and modification of existing equipment and efficiency improvements as required to meet safety, commercial expectations, maximize operating efficiencies and maintain compliance with all federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
The work will include performing in-house design and coordination with outside consultants and contractors as necessary for successful project completion. Equipment selection, procurement and construction contract administration are typical duties of the Project Engineer II.
• Actively and enthusiastically participate in and lead facility safety activities.
• When designing projections and/or troubleshooting equipment, ensure that safety requirements of the facility are followed.
• Conceptually designs and performs feasibility studies for new projects.
• Develop cost estimates for projects.
• Develop DCF models for large projects.
• Manage outside consulting engineers/contractors and coordinate project activities with the plant.
• Develop equipment specifications and prepare construction bid packages.
• Ensure project schedules and costs projections are achieved.
• Complete problem solving and troubleshooting on an as need bases and as requested by the plant management.
• Catalog and control all Plant drawings and p&ids.
• Bachelor's degree in mechanical, civil, agricultural, electrical, or chemical engineering required.
• 10 plus years of experience as a project engineer.
• 7 plus years of experience in plant operations, maintenance and safety is required.
• Demonstrated experience developing, planning and executing capital expense projects on time and within budget.
• Demonstrated experience communicating effectively with local and corporate employee project stakeholders and external contractors and vendors.
• Proficiency with applicable computer software packages including AutoCad, Microsoft Word, Excel and Project.
• Knowledge of design codes and government regulations affecting the industry including NFPA 36, NFPA 61, OSHA and EPA is preferred.
Bunge (NYSE: BG) is a world leader in sourcing, processing and supplying oilseed and grain products and ingredients. Founded in 1818, Bunge’s expansive network feeds and fuels a growing world, creating sustainable products and opportunities for more than 70,000 farmers and the consumers they serve across the globe. The company is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri and has 25,000 employees worldwide who stand behind more than 350 port terminals, oilseed processing plants, grain facilities, and food and ingredient production and packaging facilities around the world.
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Senior Project Engineer civil emgineer chemical engineer agricultural chemical engineer omaha jobs Senior Project Engineer #JobAlert #Omaha #Job
|Date Posted||July 4, 2022|
|Date Closes||August 3, 2022|
|Located In||Council Bluffs, IA|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|SOC Category||17-2199.00 Engineers, All Other|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories