Our client is seeking a Construction Manager / Site Superintendent in Ohio.
The Construction Manager is responsible for the management of construction projects from the design process through final commissioning of the project. Qualified candidates MUST have construction management experience in the industrial or oil and gas market sectors, preferably with Compressor Stations, RNG Facilities, or other Process Piping Systems.
The Construction Manager’s roles and responsibilities will include:
· Involvement with planning activities
· Complete constructability reviews throughout the process.
· Lead construction coordination and documentation (pre-construction conference, weekly, & monthly progress meetings).
· Direct supervision of subcontractors and field staff.
· Develop daily field reports.
· Oversight of project safety on-site.
· Work with the subcontractors/vendors to develop and maintain schedule for their respective work.
· Lead quality control efforts throughout the duration of the project.
· Involvement in developing the start-up and commissioning plans. Manage and schedule the commissioning process.
· Coordinate construction shop drawing reviews and approvals.
· Coordinate construction RFI process.
· Conduct project site inspections.
· Review pay estimates from contractors.
· Solve problems in a timely manner while coordinating with appropriate stakeholders.
· Work with the subcontractors/vendors to prepare/review change orders.
· Coordinate as-built drawings with the field and engineering teams.
· Degree in Construction Management, or 10-15 years of experience with compressor stations or RNG facilities.
· Experience with scheduling and/or estimating is preferred.
· Must be able to read and interpret engineering plans.
· Proficiency with MS-Outlook, Word and Excel required.
· Must be able and willing to climb ladders, routinely travel on uneven, unpaved terrain and work outside for extended periods of time on construction sites.
· Work schedule may require M-Sat, 6-days.
· Requires a valid driver's license and an acceptable motor vehicle and criminal record.