Column Technical is seeking a full-time Project Accountant to join a well-established, growing, general contractor organization in Itasca, Illinois. If you want to be part of a company that employs genuinely good people and invests in professional development, apply today! e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Preparation of monthly construction progress billing documents including: AIA G702/G703) pay application forms, schedule of values, sworn statements and waivers of lien as required by contract.
- Conduct a review of subcontractor pay applications and waivers of lien.
- Compute and administer billing retention per contract.
- Enter budgets for new projects as provided by the estimating department.
- Enter approved owner contract change orders and related budgetary and subcontractor changes.
- Review the posting of approved invoices to job cost and review of payments to be issued to subcontractors upon funding.
- Assist with the monthly and yearly close process.
- Assist Project Managers in completion of project forecasting duties.
- Participate in educational opportunities to understand Company and accounting profession policies, practices and guidelines.
- Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing goals and delivering related results as needed.
- Cross train in other areas of the Finance department to provide appropriate backup.
- College degree in Business or aligned curriculum.
- 3-5 years of experience as a project accountant for a large General Contractor.
- Good understanding of basic accounting principles and practices.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Experience with CMiC software desired or comparable software
- Must be well organized, possess attention to detail, able to multi-task, understand the need to document work and can work with several different project managers concurrently.
- Obtain a valid driver license with the ability to travel if needed.
Column Technical Services