Being a veterinary technician requires much more than AVMA certified credentials. It means bringing your talents, skills, dedication, and desire to develop alongside your peers. But, most importantly, it means showing up each day with a passion for pets and working with others who believe preventive care is the key to helping pets achieve long and healthy lives. While your on-paper qualifications are, of course, meaningful, we actively seek out vet techs who thrive on delivering outstanding client and pet experiences.
Edgebrook Veterinary Clinic has provided reliable veterinary care services for the past 20 years. Our mission is to provide quality family pet care at an affordable cost. Edgebrook Vet Clinic is a privately owned and operated clinic. We provide service for cats and dogs through a walk-in clinic. We are a general practice seeking to add a Veterinary Technician to our team. Our hospital boasts an enjoyable working environment with knowledgeable staff. Our technicians play an integral role in providing excellent medical care to our patients and customer service. Our services include well visits and preventative care, laboratory, dentistry, pain management, spay/neuter, surgery. We are conveniently located in the Pittsburgh area near the Liberty Tunnel.
This is a full-time position, and Saturday or Sunday shifts will be required. This position requires schedule flexibility as you'll be working a combination of shifts: days, evenings, and weekends.
What you'll do:
- Surgical and Anesthetic monitoring, check-in, and discharge of surgical patients.
- Patient Care and Nursing: phlebotomy, IVC placement, etc.
- Medication preparation and administration
- Performing dental prophylaxis
- Cleaning and sanitizing patient areas and clinic.
- Client contact through telephone and in-person
- Medical record keeping and filing.
Who you are:
- Prior veterinary experience required.
- Flexibility with work hours and able to work additional hours when necessary
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to maintain your composure in stressful situations, safely and gently handle animals, stand for long periods of time, and safely lift at least 50 pounds is required.
Benefits include a great hourly rate, CE allowance, health insurance, clinic discounts, vacation, and more. Top priority will be given to LVT or CVT candidates. A caring and compassionate attitude is required of all team members.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a hospital with a fun-loving yet professional atmosphere. We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23,040.00 - $38,400.00 per year
All customers are required to wear masks, curbside service available, sanitizing protocols after each client/patient
Edgebrook Vet Clinic