Product Testing/Quality Assurance Manager (Omaha, NE)
Elliott Equipment is an engineering, planning, and environmental and field services firm with offices in Omaha, NE. We are a family-oriented company with strong values and talented staff. Our environment allows people to grow and encourages diversity and innovation.
At this time we are seeking a Full-Time Quality Assurance Manager/Product Testing in our Omaha, NE office. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to communicate effectively with clients and team members. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of quality assurance expertise in a product testing environment.
Additionally, this candidate will:
- Interprets engineering drawings, diagrams and confers with management and engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Operate & test, in a safe and efficient manner, aerial work platforms and boom trucks.
- Operates diagnostic equipment needed to perform the job.
- Examines and diagnoses hydraulic and 12 volt electrical systems and equipment
- Compares product with bills of materials, parts lists or sample models to ensure completion of assembly.
- Verifies specifications of products and materials.
- Process inspection records, certifications, and Quality documentation.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Provide feedback to internal resources leading to continuous product improvements and excellent customer satisfaction.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Keep updated on all new Elliott products and systems
- Knowledge of quality processes and systems.
- Knowledge of hydraulics and 12 volt electrical systems, general welding standards, and paint application preferred.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Basic computer skills, i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers, supervisors, and vendors in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to use applicable measurement instrumentation for mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and appearance criteria, and be able to interpret measurement results and act accordingly.
- Ability to interpret and read graphic instructions such as blueprints, schematics, layouts, or other visual aids.
- Ability to function effectively as a team player.
- High School Education
- 2 years of hydraulic and 12-volt electrical knowledge.
- 2 years of quality assurance experience preferred.
- Experience with heavy equipment – construction or agricultural equipment a plus.
- Elliott Equipment product knowledge a plus.
Product Testing / Quality Assurance Technician