The Omaha Housing Authority, a Non-Profit Government Agency based in Omaha, is seeking a a Video Surveillance Specialist to remotely observe property locations within the zones, investigate, and identify ongoing issues within the properties. This position will observe cameras at length while reporting issues to the Public Safety & Compliance Manager.
- Tend to video surveillance for entirety of shift.
- Remotely observe video footage to identify any ongoing issues reported by staff or tenants.
- Bookmark and download footage related to incident reports entered.
- Be able to communicate with local authorities and team members if there are security breaches
- Maintain logs and spreadsheet for management
- Exhibit excellent decision making skills while reviewing and/or monitoring locations.
- Complete internal incident reports for all incidents observed and reported by OHA staff. Forward completed reports to the Public Safety and Compliance Manager.
- Communicate all concerns to the Public Safety and Compliance Manager any health and safety improvements at residential locations.
- Maintain professionalism while working with internal and external customers.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- High School diploma or GED required. Must have a minimum of two (2) years’ relative experience, or any combination of education, training, and experience that provides the required knowledge and abilities.
- Must have high attention to detail.
- Visual acuity required for observing video and analyzing reports.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be computer savvy and comfortable with multiple computer programs and set-ups.
- Must be able to operate a motorized vehicle.
- Must possess and maintain a valid motor vehicle license, a good driving record and be insurable under the OHA Auto Insurance Carrier.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, consultants, contractors, HUD, local, state, federal officials; ability to communicate with people from a broad range of socio-economic backgrounds.
- Ability to sit, stand and walk up to 100% of the time; and reach stoop, squat, push, pull and type up to 25% of the time. Position requires working throughout OHA tower sites and properties in a variety of conditions including; exposure to all types of weather elements and incidents that may include violent and dangerous activities. Incumbents may encounter angry, obnoxious, and rude individuals.
- Ability to move objects weighing up to ten (10) pounds up to 33% of the time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
OHA is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Submit resume to apply.