The Omaha Housing Authority, a non-profit government agency based in Omaha, is seeking an experienced candidate to provide clerical support and general office functions for the Leased/Public Housing staff.
- Responsible for separating and organizing the withdrawal files from the waiting list.
- Preferred Spanish interpretation for appointments, applications, telephone calls, and correspondence as needed.
- Files appropriate documents in the vacated files.
- Maintains a list of all vacates separated by month and location.
- Maintain & update landlord files.
- Researches files for termination, withdrawal, vacate correspondence and files appropriately.
- Update and maintain current forms in the forms room.
- Maintain list of ineligible and withdrawn applicants.
- Assists with assembling packets for applications and reviews.
- Open, research and distribute incoming mail and faxes to managers & appropriate staff.
- Help locate files and paperwork.
- Research written, email or fax requests from owners and/or participants.
- Create file labels for files & as requested from staff.
- Keep track of hearing and termination requests.
- Responsible for maintaining and the upkeep of the section 8 filing room.
- Maintain & keep track of files being checked out of the Section 8 department on file check out log.
- Pull files for hearings, terminations, audits and for research.
- Research and make copies of incoming checks to the Section 8 department and forward to the Finance Department.
- Relieve receptionist for breaks & lunches. Fill in for receptionist in their absence, answer landlord & tenant questions.
- Filing (ex: tenant & landlord files, paperwork, landlord information, client information)
- May assist with special projects.
- Assists with maintaining the copy machine and computer printer.
- Update Nan McKay Manuals and procedural manuals and other required manuals as needed.
- May work evening and weekend hours.
- May work in other areas of the Management Information Systems department as directed.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- One (1) year of office experience to include administrative & clerical duties. Customer service experience required.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to understand oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, consultants, contractors, HUD, local, state, federal officials; ability to communicate with people from a broad range of socio-economic backgrounds.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with diverse personalities, be mature, tactful and professional.
- Must have the ability to complete assignments & projects under a variety of conditions.
- Ability to sit, stand and walk up to 100% of the time; and reach stoop, squat, push, pull and type up to 80% of the time.
- Ability to move objects weighing up to ten (10) pounds up to 80% of the time.
OHA is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V.