Omaha Housing Authority, a Non-Profit Government Agency based in Omaha, is seeking an Administrative Clerk to greet all residents and others who visit the Public Housing deparment in the Harney building and to provide clerical, data entry, receptionist and office maintenance assistance.
- Provide clerical support as assigned, including word processing.
- Maintain the database in YARDI.
- Maintain database for withdrawals and hearings.
- Organize and maintain all Public Housing Intake files.
- Copy all information as needed for Public Housing Intake.
- Route correspondence for Public Housing Intake.
- Type and proofread all correspondence.
- Provide receptionist service for the Harney Building.
- Receive and greet residents and visitors daily and provide badges to visitors.
- Frequent contact with all OHA departments.
- Handle incoming telephone calls and respond to inquires request for information.
- Enter all new applications into system and mail status letters to applicants.
- Enter criminal background history in the master criminal database and contact Public Safety.
- Maintain an orderly and clean environment.
- Coordinate/schedule all appointments for walk-ins.
- Answer routine telephone inquires concerning operation of the Omaha Housing Authority and respond to request for Intake files.
- May assist with special projects
- May work weekend and evening hours
- Other duties as assigned
- High school graduate, or equivalent, with a minimum of three years office experience to include clerical and administrative duties and customer service experience
- Knowledge of the use of a personal computer, word processing and how to access information on the internet
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity and problem solving skills
- Ability to type with a net accuracy rate of at least sixty (60) words per minute
- Ability to follow instructions, alphabetize, proofread and organize
- Understand oral and written instructions
- Communicate effectively with diverse personalities, be mature, tactful and professional
- Work independently, to complete assignments with minimum instruction
Work is performed in and office setting amid normal conditions of dust, odors, fumes, and noises and involves considerable public contact. Depending on the assigned division, incumbents may encounter angry, obnoxious, and rude individuals.
Ability to sit, stand and walk up to 100% of the time; and reach stoop, squat, push, pull and type up to 25% of the time.
Ability to move objects weighing up to ten (10) pounds up to 33% of the time.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
(Any one position may not use all of the tools and equipment listed nor do the listed examples comprise all of the tools and equipment that may be used in positions allocated to this classification)
- ?Facsimile Machine
Full benefits package includes: health, dental, vision, life insurance, and AD&D, paid holidays, paid vacation and retirement plan
OHA is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V
Submit resume to apply