The Omaha Housing Authority is seeking an experienced candidate to be responsible for the internal strategy and oversight of all aspects of OHA Information Technology (IT) department. This individual will develop and manage all IT vendor relationships and oversee all IT-related vendor contracts and ensure daily operation of OHA information systems, regular, proactive assessment of needs, and prompt response to any anticipated or actual service or security issues.
- Monitor the performance of all systems and programs. Review and recommend necessary upgrades, changes, or other strategic direction related to OHA IT systems, including hardware and software installation, resolution of hardware/software failures.
- Respond to problems by reporting issues to the MSP, who is ultimately responsible for proper day-to-day operation of the Housing Authority network computers. Coordinate for system administration, security administration, and database management.
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships for telephones (landlines and cell phones), access controls, security cameras, key trackers, fax, and copier services.
- Identify network users, maintain network/user records and identify network issues.
- Assume responsibility for OHA resources, such as computer equipment, cell phones, VoIP phones, Access controls and Security Cameras including management system for distribution, monitoring, and recapture.
- Observes and reports equipment performance deficiencies, and coordinates equipment repairs and replacements.
- Assists with design and coordinate physical layout of computer equipment including review and recommendations for acquisition of computer hardware, software, and any other information systems.
- Monitors and analyzes computer usage data and recommends policies and procedures to provide maximum security and resource utilization.
- Provides continuity of IT services by providing necessary technical leadership and project coordination.
- Prepares or reviews records and reports; evaluates operating & down time. Recommends changes in programs, routines, and quality control standards
- Maintains a current knowledge in new & existing systems software and hardware.
- Complete understanding and compliance with internal OHA policies and procedures as well as external regulations governing IT systems.
- Coordinates and collaborates with all other departments within OHA in establishing and carrying out responsibilities.
- Coordinate and prioritize IT needs, technical data processing, and records management requirements for all OHA users.
- As required, supervise additional internal IT team members.
- May attend and participate in training opportunities and seminars relevant to this position.
- May work weekend and evening hours.
- May be required to respond to after-hours emergencies.
- Complete all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or related field, or equivalent combination of experience and education that provides the required knowledge and skills. Minimum of three years’ work experience in Information Systems.
- Must have excellent knowledge of operating system principles, microcomputer hardware, software products, and network protocols.
- Experienced with software systems including Microsoft365, Windows10, SharePoint, Teams, One-Drive, DocuSign, etc.
- Experience with basic website management.
- Yardi experience preferred.
- Ability to operate and program computers and physically install computer equipment, and associated equipment.
- Must have the ability to prepare and maintain statistical, graphic, technical and/or narrative reports and records such as asset tracking. planning documents and schedules.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, positive working relationships with co-workers, consultants, contractors; ability to communicate effectively in all situations, displays respect and equity to all persons.
- Ability to analyze policies and procedures and identify opportunities for improvement in operations.
- Excellent oral, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills. Must have strong ability to identify and solve problems. Ability to develop and present training sessions.
- Must possess and maintain a valid operator’s license and a good driving record. Must be insurable under the OHA auto insurance policy.
- Work is performed in and office setting amid normal conditions of dust, odors, fumes, and noises and involves considerable public contact.
- Ability to sit, stand and walk up to 100% of the time; and reach stoop, squat, push, pull and type up to 25% of the time.
- Ability to move objects weighing up to thirty (30) pounds up to five (5)% of the time.
OHA is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V.