The Omaha Housing Authority Omaha, NE
Omaha Housing Authority, a Non-Profit Government Public Housing Agency based in Omaha, is seeking a Housing Specialist responsible for completing and processing intake, leasing of applicants, and transfers of participants as the basis for determining participants, to assure compliance with OHA policies, HUD regulations and lease provisions.
- Determine verification needed to accurately evaluate applicant’s eligibility; prepare and submit verifications to appropriate sources.
- Assembles verified information and prepares Section 8 eligibility.
- Process interims if transfer is cancelled.
- Issue and process transfers.
- Conduct Housing Choice Voucher briefings.
- Maintain rent reasonableness waiting list and admissions to HCV program.
- Ensure all documents are filed in tenant file.
- Recommends termination of payments for participants who fail to comply with re-examination deadlines or for participants over income requirements and participants who violate the Statement of Family Obligations/Responsibilities.
- Obtains a change in certification from supervisor when it is determined during annual review that a participant must move due to a change in family composition.
- Must maintain organized files and office work space.
- Must clearly understand all aspects of the policies and procedures of OHA, including, OHA admissions and continued occupancy policies. Must have the ability to effectively communicate this to applicants and visitors.
- May provide transportation for applicants or residents.
- May assist with special projects.
- May work evening and weekend hours.
- May work in other areas of the HCV department as directed.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- High School graduate and two year’s college education in human service, social work or related field or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years actual work experience in a nonprofit agency, which included client service interaction. Ability to speak Spanish beneficial.
- Incumbent must successfully complete OHA sponsored management certification courses within one year.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with diverse personalities, be mature, tactful and professional.
- Good knowledge of local agencies, property, stock and bond values and federal, state and city agency programs which are designed for low-income families.
- Ability to understand oral and written instructions. Ability to make mathematical computations and compile statistical data and prepare reports.
- Housing Choice Voucher Rent Calc and Eligibility Certifications required. Incumbents are required to obtain Housing Choice Voucher Rent Calculation and Eligibility Certifications within the first 18 months of employment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, consultants, contractors, HUD, local, state, federal officials; ability to communicate with people from a broad range of socio-economic backgrounds.
Full benefits package includes: health, dental, vision, life insurance, and AD&D, paid holidays, paid vacation and retirement plan.
OHA is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V.
Submit resume to apply.
| Date Posted
May 19, 2020
| Date Closes
June 18, 2020
| Located In
Housing Choice Voucher - Intake, Leasing & Transfers
| Job Type
40 hours per week; May work evening and weekend hours
| Start Date
| SOC Category
21-1093.00 Social and Human Service Assistants
This job is related to other jobs in these career categories