SR. DIRECTOR - SALES JOB OPPORTUNITY - Relocation assistance is also available.
Our large and modern brass & copper alloy mill in the Upper Midwest is looking for a Sr. Director - Sales.
This position will oversee our current Sales Group, and provide leadership and management oversight of the Sales and Marketing Department activities and functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Strategic planning responsibility for development and capture of all potential market segments, including forecasting, advertising, budgets, U.S. commercial ammunition markets and international sales.
- Responsible for all Sales and Marketing programs including research and development, licensing of products and process enhancement.
- Establish initiatives to achieve sales and profitability targets in order to increase revenue and company profitability.
- Oversee ongoing analysis on current accounts and develop new revenue-increasing strategies.
- Direct the activities of the Field Sales Managers, ensuring proper prospecting for new business opportunities within assigned industry are occurring in accordance with strategic plan.
- Effectively present, educate and discuss products and value-added services of the company; able to manage complex proposal development both internally and externally to align to customer RFQ/RFP cycles.
- Set budget requirements and goals for cost reduction.
- Ensure that all daily, monthly and annual reports and forecasts are completed in a timely manner.
- Direct development of departmental business plans.
Education, Training and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree or above in Sales/Marketing, business or related field; and a minimum of 10+ years’ industry experience.
Technologically savvy and experience working with Microsoft Office products and Windows-based applications.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements
- Highly motivated Senior Leader with the desire and ability to direct and refocus the current Sales Group regarding their individual priorities, execution and deliveries.
- Proven track record of Sales strategy attainment - in a highly competitive environment.
- Proven leadership skills and creative selling, as well as closing the deal.
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining corporate-level and C-suite relationships within complex regional and national-level accounts.
- Proven ability to successfully prepare complex proposals and close on multi-year contractual opportunities.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with the ability to clearly convey information and ideas with all levels of customers.
- Innovative problem solver with the ability to gather and interpret information.
- 10+ years of experience in flat rolled coated steel or related metal industry sales, with an emphasis on value-based customer relationships.
- Must be able to work outside normal business hours/days as needed.
- Must be able to travel and work at an outside location; overnight travel up to 50%.
Excellent base salary, bonus/commission and total remuneration for the selected candidate. Position also comes with an outstanding benefits package; which includes medical, dental and vision, along with an exceptional 401k, etc. Relocation assistance is also available.