***$250 Hiring Bonus paid after 90 days of employment***
Arizona Assisted Living Certified Caregiver or Medication Tech provides high quality healthcare services and programs to residents. The incumbent provides superior resident care, complies with company policies, local, state and federal regulations and supports the advancement of our business strategy. The Certified Caregiver Medication Tech promotes a positive culture that focuses on our core values of Compassion, Trust, Respect and Fun for residents and associates.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote a positive, inclusive culture through demonstrated behaviors that are aligned with our Core Values of Compassion, Respect, Trust and Fun.
- Establish and evolve positive relationships with residents, families, associates, OnCare Home Health, regulatory agencies, vendors and third-party providers.
- Assist with training associates and community for inspection by regulatory agencies through regular quality assessments, completing corrective actions, accurate and current record keeping practices, policy compliance, emergency preparedness, etc.
- Follow operational processes, procedures and best practices that meet state requirements and ensure consistent processes are applied throughout the community.
- Provide resident assistance in personal care and daily activities such as bathing, grooming, dressing, transfers, ambulation, toileting, meal and laundry services.
- Administer medication in accordance with physician orders and company policies.
- Ensure resident care and services are provided in accordance with Resident Service Agreements company policies and state regulations.
- Assist in maintaining accurate and complete services plans, medication records and files for each resident.
- Maintain a safe, sanitary and hazard-free community environment through the prevention of accidents, preservation of equipment and safe work practices.
Education and Experience
- 1+ years of experience as a certified caregiver and 1+ years of experience as medication tech in a senior living or related industry role required
- Must hold state required caregiver certification and medication tech certification as applicable along with an acceptable record.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with diverse groups including colleagues, clients and various business contacts at various levels ranging from front-line employees to senior executives.
- Demonstrated ability to promote a culture of Compassion, Trust, Respect and Fun and operates in the spirit and advocacy for our seniors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to navigate challenging and ambiguous situations involving emotions or conflict.
- Creative problem solving, negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Ability to manage detailed, complex concepts and problems and make sound decisions regarding residents, families, associates or other administrative issues.
- Ability to maintain confidential and privileged information that involves HIPPA, residents, associates.
Work takes place in a typical office environment equipped with a computer, phone and other office supplies. Work may also take place in the outdoor environment.
Position may also involve exposure to latex, infections and communicable diseases.
Must be able to assist residents with limited mobility, move equipment or materials and lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds intermittently throughout the day.