We are a small, but very well-established company in the finance industry, looking to grow our Product Management team. In this position, we require someone with good project management skills, and people management skills who are willing to learn Product Management if they do not currently have that experience. This role will oversee all aspects of development projects and assist with gathering requirements during design phase. Salary range: $60k - $70k + benefits.
The Product Manager will be involved in the planning and estimating of project timelines and development and QA resources needed to complete projects. Ideally, we would like this person to be familiar with Interest Margins, Rate Shocks, G/L statements, budgeting, forecasting, etc.
This position will facilitate meetings with project team members and change control board to evaluate the ongoing status of projects to ensure they remain on schedule. In addition, this role will:
- Coordinate the hand off of development projects to the documentation, training and support teams so that they are familiar with new project details before they are released to the customer.
- Provide feedback in the evaluation of Development and QA resources.
- Communicate ongoing project status updates to CTO and Director of Development.
Responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle. This extends from managing existing products to developing new products to meet the milestones of the product roadmap and achieve company goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define and formally document the product strategy and roadmap
- Run beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and enhancements
- Perform product demos to internal associates and customers
- Function as the SME (subject matter expert) on the product
- Ability to work across functional boundaries with development, sales, marketing, conversion teams, quality assurance and senior leadership
- Work across multiple disciplines to meet software requirements and functionality
- Produce product documentation associated with new product launches and product enhancements
- Understand and evaluate the competitive landscape and market trends to promote, differentiate, and position the product for continual successes
- Manage product portfolio, roadmap, innovation, and all phases of product management for identified products
- Prioritize product enhancements and customer requests by making smart, decisive tradeoffs using data-driven analysis and sound judgment
- Collaborates with other functional leaders to create the content and tools needed to successfully sell, implement and service the product
- Provides day-to-day guidance to the client services team during the implementation phase including change requests
- Develops an understanding of the marketplace and competitive environment
- Continually drive product adaptation among the customer; understanding pain points and problems and address them in a timely fashion
- Be the “go to” person for the product and work cohesively with the development team, quality assurance, client services and sales teams
- Communicates all product enhancements to internal and external customers
- Defines and executes a distribution strategy for the product to achieve maximum successes
- Defines the release cadence for the product
- Monitor product usage to oversee trends to make data driven decisions for enhancements, new features and new products
- Validates and prioritizes requirements including defining benefits and impacts of releases across the organization and for clients
- This is a leadership role but with no direct reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred or equivalent education and experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience product management or related experience such as Project management required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Experience delivering software products from new product concept to release
- Proven ability to communicate complex concepts in writing
- Detail oriented; ability to develop detailed plans then execute on those plans
- Priority minded – ability to identify and execute on only the most important issues (stay focused)
- Sense of urgency – ability to know when to act quickly to proactively solve problems
- Ability to lead individuals and groups. Effectively utilizes available resources and delegates work to achieve objectives
- Innovative and passionate about making a difference
- Experience in strategic planning and execution
- Thorough knowledge of financial industry, banking functions, financial products and practices
- Understanding of full product life cycle
- Ability to work independently, with limited direction
- Technical background or orientation, with experience in working with financial/commercial/banking software a plus
NOTE: This employer is unable to extend visa sponsorship to candidates who require it now OR in the future. Candidates requiring sponsorship will not be considered.