We are the leader in our industry, on an international level, looking to add a talented software engineer to lead and mentor our innovative software delivery team (a small group of developers) in the design and development of our products. An engineer who is passionate about quality & creating products and services, with good development skills is key to helping us build incredible, engineering solutions. Approx 30% software development & 70% leadership. Salary range: Up to $120k + benefits.
System and product design:
• Considers the customer’s perspective and experiences when designing systems.
• Leads and participates in the architectural design of features early in the development cycle, influencing it to drive quality and adherence to the specification.
• Responsible for producing quality designs that ensure solutions meet performance, scalability, flexibility and extensibility.
• Leads the Team in establishing program specifications and develops coding logic flowcharts in compliance with secure coding standards.
• Work with Product Owners to translate roadmap features into manageable components/tasks, estimate timings and resources, suggest solutions and identify possible risks.
• Build quality directly into the engineering processes and solutions by championing automated testing and test driven development.
• Writes and coaches the team on writing clean well thought out design and code with an emphasis on quality, simplicity, and maintainability.
• Works within established procedures and tools to develop, test, code review, implement, and maintain application software while focusing on best practice application security throughout the code life-cycle.
• Communicates effectively and partners well with other disciplines of the project team to deliver high quality solutions from vision to deployment and long term product stability.
• Primary technical point of contact and communicator with stakeholders such as the sponsor, product manager/owner, scrum master, project teams, and upper management.
• Responsible for managing the delivery of committed work for the team.
• Role model to our Values; Make us better, make someone’s job easier, and deliver measureable value.
• Learn new technologies and keep abreast of existing technologies and be able to apply these to a variety of projects as applicable.
• Mentors more junior developers.
• Bachelors and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Information Technology or Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 3+ Years of Lead/Senior Software Engineering experience
• 7+ Years of experience building software using OOP practices
• 3+ years of experience with Agile, Test Driven Development or related lifecycle methodologies
Experience with the following front end technology preferred:
Experience with the following back-end technologies:
NOTE: This employer is unable to extend visa sponsorship to candidates who require it now OR in the future. Candidates requiring sponsorship will not be considered.
|Date Posted||May 11, 2018|
|Date Closes||June 10, 2018|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|Compensation||Salary, $105,000.00 - $120,000.00, Based on Experience|
|Experience Level||Intermediate (3-7 yrs. experience)|
|Hours||40 hours per week|
|SOC Category||15-1031.00 Computer Software Engineers, Applications|
|City, State and Zip||Lincoln, NE 68516|
This job offers the following benefits
This job requires the following skills
This job is related other jobs in these career categories
Course(s) relevant to the skills listed for this position