Conversion Programmer (cobol developers welcome!)
Insight Recruitment Lincoln, NE
We are a thriving, well-established high-tech firm that provides technical solutions to the finance industry. We are a leader in our field and currently looking to hire a Conversion Programmer who can take a project and run with it. We need an experienced developer who’s worked with any language, because in this role they will learn and work with a new language. This is similar to Cobol so experience with Cobol would be helpful but not required. Candidates who enjoy coding but are being passed up for lack of more current languages are ideally suited in this position. Starting salary up to $42k + competitive benefits. We will consider contract or contract to hire or straight permanent hire.
Responsible for performing data analysis and developing complex conversion programs to prepare and move client data to compatible software offerings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide internal support during the conversion process, facilitating the ease of the implementation of new customers.
- Develop quality conversion programs to migrate client data from multiple external sources.
- Conduct conversion testing in according with company requirements.
- Perform analysis on client conversion requirements and internal software requirements.
- Communicate issues to the appropriate management personnel, project leader, or client.
- Document instructions and guidelines for supporting the installation process and for future conversions.
- Perform data, document, check image and archive conversions
- Create and modify third party interface programs
- Create and modify custom fixes
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS or related field preferred; or equivalent education and experience
- Read and understand programs written by other programmers
- Explain technical issues to non-technical people
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet multiple tasks in a fast faced, technical environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Some knowledge of COBOL preferred, but not required
- Ability to create and understand SQL queries and procedures
- Ability to read and understand programming code
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with Actian Data Junction
- Ability to work with Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 or higher
- Ability to work with Microsoft Access 2013 or higher
- Ability to work with 010 Editor
- Ability to work with Microsoft SharePoint
- Ability to work with Microsoft SQL 2008 R2 or higher
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel 2013 or higher
- Basic knowledge of Synergy language
- Basic knowledge of C, C#, Java
| Date Posted
February 14, 2018
| Date Closes
March 16, 2018
| Located In
| Job Type
Salary, $38,000.00 - $42,000.00, Based on Experience
| Experience Level
Intermediate (3-7 yrs. experience)
40 hours per week
| Start Date
| Positions Available
| SOC Category
15-1021.00 Computer Programmers
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
This job requires the following skills
- Microsoft - Excel
- Microsoft - Word
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Visual Studio
This job is related other jobs in these career categories
Course(s) relevant to the skills listed for this position