Sr. Security Engineer
Automated Systems, Inc. Lincoln, NE
Summary: The Senior Security Engineer will be responsible for security monitoring, network and applications security, systems access control, identity and access management, penetration and vulnerability assessment, analysis and reporting, forensics and investigation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure availability of critical systems
- Prevent critical data loss
- Conducts technology and system assessments, provides technical consultation and ensures system security functionality
- Automate testing tools
- Improve security infrastructure and reporting
- Influence security architecture
- Support compliance and audit activities
- Review log files across the networks.
- Perform regular information security procedure reviews and system attestations to ensure accuracy and compliance for internal and external audit.
- Providing advanced operations and engineering support for critical security systems and services including Windows servers, endpoint security, computer forensics, vulnerability/penetration assessment/mitigation, and security event management (SIEM).
- Monitor and maintain security systems in accordance with company policies.
- Evaluate and correct corporate security violations and breaches and report such violations as necessary.
- Assist with all security technologies and services, including protection services, perimeter defenses, and physical and logical access control.
- Participate in technology and system assessments, provides technical consultation and ensures system security functionality
- Respond to system security weak points, work with other teams and third party vendors to resolve security issues
- Develop creative improvements to security system capabilities
- Provide advanced application level support for the resolution of security system faults
- Respond to security incidents and report on incident handling and resolution
- Assess the appropriateness and effectiveness of security measures and recommend enhancements.
- Participate in post-mortem investigation of security incidents and prepare security incident reports documenting the findings
- Design, implement and support security-focused tools and services
- Work on various special projects as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Curiosity and creativity in breaking and defending modern web applications
- Scripting skills to develop and improve security and user data analysis tools
- Comfort with network, server, and application log analysis and correlation
- Working experience and knowledge of Windows operating systems web servers
- Be results oriented, highly energetic and self-motivated
- Ability to confidently and simply explain technical security issues without hype or buzzwords
- Demonstrate outstanding teamwork skills
- Have the ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to get things done
- Have the ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of networking and web technologies, identity and management systems, forensics, incident response, and investigation.
- Proven ability to share knowledge, resolve conflict, create consensus, and lead complex projects.
- Proven ability to plan, test, and implement security controls.
- Comprehensive knowledge of IDS/IPS, NextGen and applications firewalls, VPN, DLP, data encryption, SIEM, vulnerability and penetration testing, Windows and database security.
- Ability to react quickly in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Strong ability to take ownership of assigned tasks and responsibilities.
- Must display high level of critical thinking in order to weigh alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with requirements.
- BS in technology-related or information security-related curriculum or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience providing network, applications, and systems security administration services in a mission critical environment required.
| Date Posted
May 7, 2019
| Date Closes
June 6, 2019
1201 Libra Dr
| Located In
| Job Type
| Experience Level
Intermediate (3-7 yrs. experience)
40 hours per week
| SOC Category
15-1071.01 Computer Security Specialists
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Long-Term Disability
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Short-Term Disability
- Supplemental Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Continuing Education Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Free Parking
- On-the-Job Training
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Sports Teams / Leagues
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Program
- Workout Facilities
- Achievement Awards
- Bonus Plan
- Merit Increases
This job requires the following skills
- Compliance Officer
- Data Communications / Networking
- Network Security
This job is related other jobs in these career categories
Course(s) relevant to the skills listed for this position