Regional Director of Operations
Heritage Communities, a leading provider of assisted living and memory support, is searching for a proven leader who has a passion for the senior living industry and will be able to provide strategic and tactical leadership to a team of Executive Directors and community leadership. The ideal leader fosters superior resident care, complies with state regulations, and supports the advancement of our business strategy. This position supports our Central Nebraska region, including Hastings, Norfolk, Columbus, and Grand Island NE communities.
The Regional Director of Operations is responsible for the strategic leadership and oversight of community management, operations, staffing, performance, training, safety and compliance in a multi-state region. The incumbent manages and develops Executive Directors and a team of regional operations professionals that ensure the delivery of high-quality services, excellent resident care and strong financial performance of all communities. As a member of the senior leadership team, the incumbent executes a strategic and consistent approach in the delivery of resident care and services consistent with Company expectations and Core Values.
- Inspire team to provide excellent resident care and achieve operational excellence, census goals and financial goals throughout all stages of a community including start-up and/or stabilization.
- Proactively lead, direct and oversee multiple communities in accordance with company expectations and state and local regulations.
- Cultivate a positive, inclusive culture through demonstrated behaviors that are aligned with our Core Values of Compassion, Respect, Trust and Fun.
- Assess and analyze community services, operations, performance and culture to identify trends, successes and opportunities for improvement.
- Identify community challenges or needs and translate them into resident and business focused strategies that contribute to resident satisfaction and company success.
- Create innovative solutions and strategies that further business goals and address improvements.
- Establish and evolve positive relationships with Heritage OnCare Home Health, vendors and third-party providers.
- Coach leaders to effectively identify, navigate and resolve resident, employee, management and operational issues.
- Lead, direct, manage and coach a team of Executive Directors and regional professionals.
- Network, recruit, select and develop talent and ensure appropriate staffing levels are maintained.
- Identify staff education and training needs. Ensure training materials are developed and maintained.
- Oversee and monitor community and regional financials, resident census, staff scheduling to ensure operational efficiencies
- 5+ years of experience in a senior living management position. Management of a multi-site operational role preferred.
- Must obtain an Nebraska Executive Director or be able to obtain certification within 6 months of hire date.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Keen ability to operate and think “big picture”, analytically and strategically. Able to anticipate consequences and trends and effectively execute plans.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team that facilitates a culture of Compassion, Trust, Respect and Fun and operates in the spirit and advocacy for our seniors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to navigate challenging and ambiguous situations.
- Up to 50% travel in Omaha and Central Nebraska region
The Heritage Communities benefits package includes:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance (Basic & Additional Voluntary Coverage for Employee, Spouse and/or Children)
- Short Term Disability
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- Complimentary Lunch or Dinner at Community