NEWLY CREATED POSITION!
The Director of Talent Management is responsible for creating, developing, and initiating innovative recruitment activities that attract candidates and builds strong talent pipelines. The position continuously seeks data related to industry trends, best practices, and recruitment innovations to create scalable processes and viable solutions. This position conducts full life cycle recruitment in sourcing the best talent for the company as well as maintaining effective programs for retention, promotion, and succession planning.
This position directly supervisors the Talent Acquisition Specialist. The position is responsible for training, coaching, and measuring the outcomes of the designated talent acquisition liaisons at each community.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Cultivate a positive, inclusive culture through demonstrated behaviors that are aligned with our Core Values of Compassion, Respect, Trust and Fun.
- Inspire and influence community leadership on the importance and value of strategic and efficient talent acquisition, onboarding and retention processes.
- Promote a continued focus on talent acquisition by facilitating communications with hiring managers, influencing decisions, and assisting in leadership training.
- Build collaborative relationships with leaders, job candidates, school representatives, community organizations and 3rd party vendors.
- Support the development and implementation of strategic initiatives to recruit talent in a multi-state organization by leveraging social media, advertising, job events, direct sourcing, internet sourcing and marketing.
- Perform analysis of recruiting processes, employment markets and report on trends and issues.
- Identify and initiate talent acquisition enhancements, technology, and efficiency opportunities.
- Coach and train hiring managers on best practices, company processes and optimal candidate selection.
- Support projects and initiatives in partnership with the HR Team, Operations, Leadership, and 3rd party vendors.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal employment laws, regulations, and organizational policies.
- Collect, analyze, and maintain data gathered to inform targeted leadership development (e.g., succession planning).
- Serve as a business partner with hiring managers to develop effective sourcing and recruitment strategies that result in client satisfaction. Develop effective relationships within the organization and the hiring community to have influence and impact the recruiting process and hiring.
- Develop, initiate, and maintain effective programs for workforce retention, promotion, and succession planning.
- Create and maintain an environment of equal employment opportunity, diversity, and competitive advantage in support of the company's diversity and inclusion strategic plan.
- Conduct presentations and training.
- Ensure that organization-wide talent management initiatives are focused and aligned on improving operational and program efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Recruit full-time, part-time, and seasonal personnel. Manage full life cycle recruitment (post, source, prescreen, schedule, background, references, offer, onboarding, etc.). Complete hiring process within defined metrics to minimize overall time-to-start. Develop appropriate marketing strategies, define roles and responsibilities of hiring team, and develop service-level agreements to ensure an effective and efficient recruitment lifecycle while minimizing cost-per-hire.
- Develop and implement creative and innovative sourcing strategies and techniques to build a pipeline of qualified candidates.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent interpersonal, counseling, and negotiation skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Thorough understanding of recruiting methods and best practices, as well as applicable policies and federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Ability to design and implement full-cycle performance management programs.
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of broad HR experience including talent management and leadership development.
- Recent experience recruiting in multiple discipline areas and levels, including hiring for nonexempt, exempt and leadership positions.
- Experience using an ATS and HR software. ApplicantStack and Kronos Workforce Ready experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field preferred.
- Experience designing, developing, and supporting organization-wide talent management programs that cover performance management, talent development, coaching, succession planning, data analytics and relationship management.
- Previous experience in capturing metrics and producing various employment reports.
- Experience in all areas of sourcing such as the internet, social media, networking, employee referrals, job postings, as well as conducting open houses and virtual job fairs.
- Experience in working with applicant tracking systems and affirmative action plan requirements.
- Current HRCI (PHR, SPHR) or SHRM (SHRM-CP,SHRM-SCP) certification or ability to obtain certification within one year of employment.