At Heritage Communities we truly believe in "Living Better" for our residents and our employees. We believe that every individual that walks through our doors is special and unique. We are passionate about promoting an environment and culture where our Core Values flourish - Compassion, Respect, Trust and Fun. If you are looking for a new opportunity where you can make a difference and make lives better too, consider joining the Heritage Communities team.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Healthcare Specialist’s (CHS)’s primary function is to support the Heritage Communities Directors of Healthcare by taking an active role in the community as directed by the Director of Heritage Healthcare Services, the communities’ Executive Directors, and/or the communities’ Directors of Health Care.
RESPONSIBLE FOR: The CHS will model and ensure corporate standards relative to resident care, adherence to Heritage Communities policies and procedures and regulatory compliance requirements are met on a consistent basis.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates Heritage Communities Vision and Core Values in leadership, behavior, practices and decisions.
- Works collaboratively with staff to promulgate Heritage Communities policies, procedures and expectations.
- Provides clinical leadership and works collaboratively with Heritage Communities to communicate and coordinate clinical operations activities.
- Demonstrates leadership and critical thinking in addressing and resolving issues.
- Works with individual communities to ensure competent nursing coverage to meet resident needs.
- Assists in the implementation of processes for ongoing best practices in healthcare that meet or exceed state requirements and ensures processes are consistently applied throughout the communities.
- Audits charts and communities for regulatory compliance. Completes ongoing quality assessment of resident care in collaboration with the management staff within the company and individual communities.
- Works with communities and Director of Heritage Health Services to identify staff education and training needs. Assists in providing education as requested.
- Uses creative scheduling ideas to help the communities meet resident care needs.
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable State regulations for all states in which Heritage Communities is present.
- Sets and organizes own work priorities and adapt as changes occur.
- Works collaboratively with Marketing Department to ensure Directors of Healthcare at the Community level are supportive of the marketing effort in nurturing relationships with referral sources and maintaining flexibility when assessments are needed on short notice. Assists with achieving occupancy goals.
- Works with home office staff to provide high quality service in communities by all departmental personnel. Identifies and promotes the development of nursing personnel with potential for advancement.
- Supports Communities as Interim Director of Healthcare.
- Must possess state-appropriate active and discipline-free Registered Nurse license. Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Must be able to travel approximately 85% of the time throughout Nebraska, Western Iowa, Arizona, Texas, and other areas as assigned.
- Must have 3-5 years of experience in assisted living or long term care experience which includes at least three (3) years of multi-site management.
- Knowledge of the assisted living industry, including current trends and best practices.
- Must demonstrate an ability to work and effectively supervise others.
- Must promote positive motivation, identify problems, and/or deficiencies, assist in developing action plans, educating staff, and implementing solutions to operational issues.
- Utilize management expertise to assist communities with resident care and nursing personnel issues.
- Provide training/education and support at all levels to include resident care and personnel issues.
- Must have a passion for working with seniors and possess a genuine caring for their well-being.