Heritage OnCare Home Health is currently seeking an experienced RN Case Manager to join our rapidly growing team.
The ideal RN candidate has the ability to work in an independent setting, providing direct care in the client's home setting, and directing the overall care management of the clinical episode. The Case Manager is the core representative of each client's situation and ensures that an interdisciplinary approach is taken to enhance the outcomes of those cared for.
The agency provides all technology needed to complete the position's tasks, (phone, tablet, EMR, internet access, etc). We offer competitive wages and mileage reimbursement, and our care is based in the Omaha metro area.
With OnCare, you'll be a part of an experienced home health team of leaders and peers, with ample opportunity for mentorship and career growth throughout the organization.
Responsibilities may include:
- Knowledgeable of patient/client legal rights, respects patient/client rights always, and reports the failure of any other person to comply with patient rights including abuse, neglect, or disrespect.
- Maintains confidentiality about all patient's personal, financial, and health information including following HIPAA guidelines. Deals tactfully with team members, patients, families,
- Knowledge of case management theory and assessment process related to home care and knowledgeable of Medicare regulation.
- Must possess the ability to make independent medical and or safety decisions when circumstances warrant.
- Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and incorporate them into existing clinical practices.
- Is knowledgeable and can easily access and implement federal and state homecare regulations as they relate to home care services. Demonstrates the ability to critically think, plan, organize, and problem solve needs of the department and takes the initiative to implement objectives resulting in favorable outcomes.
- Understands and utilizes universal precautions, utilizes and maintains equipment and requests supplies as needed
- Performs necessary documentation including: consent, evaluations, assessments, plan of care development, prior level of function, discharge planning and follow through, and order entry and adherence to, etc. in a timely manner and per agency policy. Initiates and revises client care plan for the Nursing Assistants based on client's needs and supervises the care provided by the Nursing Assistant. Responsible for the direction and monitoring of Medication Aides if applicable.
- Consults all client physicians, to ensure agency programming meets or exceeds their expectations and any orders they have given. Devises a realistic client plan of care for the physician's approval after the initial evaluation visit. Reviews the plan of care as often as the severity of the client's condition requires, but at least every 60 days. Informs the physician and other healthcare team members of changes in the client's conditions and needs.
- Graduated from an approved school of nursing with an Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
- Must be licensed as an RN in the state of Nebraska/ Iowa and or hold a compact state license.
- Must possess a current CPR certification
- Three years experience as an RN
- Prior Home care experience preferred
- Ability to provide care in a variety of settings
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Be of good moral character, attention to detail, and multi-tasker