At Heritage Communities, we're passionate about Living Better. Our goal is to define what living better means for each of our residents, and to deliver that experience. We also want to hear from our team members on how we can improve their work-life, which is why we hold regular meetings with two-way communication opportunities. Are you ready to feel heard? Are you ready to Live Better because your work-life is better? We invite you to connect with us and find out how to make this a possibility!
The Housekeeper is responsible for the ensuring the community, grounds, apartments, and equipment are organized, clean, sanitary. The incumbent ensures quality services and complies with company policies, local, state and federal regulations and supports the advancement of our business strategy. The Housekeeper promotes a positive culture that focuses on our core values of Compassion, Trust, Respect and Fun for residents and associates.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote a positive, inclusive culture through demonstrated behaviors that are aligned with our Core Values of Compassion, Respect, Trust and Fun.
- Establish and evolve positive relationships with residents, families, associates, OnCare Home Health, regulatory agencies, vendors and third-party providers.
- Assist in readying associates and community for inspection by regulatory agencies through regular quality assessments, completing corrective actions, accurate and current record keeping practices, policy compliance, emergency preparedness, etc.
- Follow operational processes, procedures and best practices that meet state requirements and ensure consistent processes are applied throughout the community.
- Clean resident apartments thoroughly including floors, furniture, kitchen, refrigerator, bathroom, fixtures, trash removal, etc. in accordance with service plan and schedule.
- Provide resident linen service including the removal and wash/dry/fold linens, towels, personal items. Assemble bed linens and return clean linens to storage area.
- Inspect resident refrigerator for expired food and remove as needed.
- Clean resident common areas such as floors, furniture, kitchen/snack bar, refrigerators, bathrooms, fixtures, elevator, doors, outside area as applicable, etc. in accordance with cleaning schedule.
- Maintain SDS documents and ensure that all community associates know where to locate necessary information.
- Maintain a safe, sanitary and hazard-free community environment through the prevention of accidents, preservation of equipment and safe work practices.
Education and Experience
- 1+ years of environmental services experience in a senior living or related industry preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with diverse groups including colleagues, clients and various business contacts at various levels ranging from front-line employees to senior executives.
- Demonstrated ability to promote a culture of Compassion, Trust, Respect and Fun and operates in the spirit and advocacy for our seniors.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Some experience or knowledge of business software programs such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to maintain confidential and privileged information that involves HIPPA, residents, associates.
Work takes place in a typical office or community environment equipped with a computer, phone and other office supplies. Work also takes place in the outdoor environment.
Work environment may involve exposure to extreme heat or cold.
Position may also involve exposure to latex, infections and communicable diseases.
Must be able to assist residents with limited mobility, move equipment or materials and lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds intermittently throughout the day.
Must be able to move throughout the community and grounds to complete assessments and assignments. Work assignments may be located at floor level or extended reach heights exceeding 15 feet.