Work hard, play hard¦what does that mean? At Heritage Communities our team members' days are busy and full, as we strive to enhance the lives of our residents. Yet, during each task and in between, you'll find moments of connection, laughter at shared jokes, wisdom passed along through advice and joyful interactions. If you're ready to work hard and play hard, we invite you to apply today!
The Certified Medication Tech (CMA) provides high quality healthcare services and programs to residents. The incumbent provides superior resident care, complies with company policies, local, state and federal regulations and supports the advancement of our business strategy. The Certified Medication Tech promotes a positive culture that focuses on our core values of Compassion, Trust, Respect and Fun for residents and associates.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote a positive, inclusive culture through demonstrated behaviors that are aligned with our Core Values of Compassion, Respect, Trust and Fun.
- Establish and evolve positive relationships with residents, families, associates, OnCare Home Health, regulatory agencies, vendors and third-party providers.
- Assist with training associates and community for inspection by regulatory agencies through regular quality assessments, accurate and current record keeping practices, policy compliance, emergency preparedness, etc.
- Follow operational processes, procedures and best practices that meet state requirements and ensure consistent processes are applied throughout the community.
- Administer medication in accordance with physician orders and company policies.
- May provide resident assistance in some personal care and daily activities such as grooming, meal, cleaning and laundry services.
- Assist in maintaining accurate and complete services plans, medication records and files for each resident.
- Maintain a safe, sanitary and hazard-free community environment through the prevention of accidents, preservation of equipment and safe work practices.
Education and Experience
- 1+ years of experience as medication tech in a senior living or related industry role preferred.
- Must hold state required medication tech certification (CMA) as applicable along with an acceptable record.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with diverse groups including colleagues, clients and various business contacts at various levels ranging from front-line employees to senior executives.
- Demonstrated ability to promote a culture of Compassion, Trust, Respect and Fun and operates in the spirit and advocacy for our seniors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to navigate challenging and ambiguous situations involving emotions or conflict.
- Creative problem solving, negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Ability to maintain confidential and privileged information that involves HIPPA, residents, associates.
Work takes place in a typical office environment equipped with a computer, phone and other office supplies. Work may also take place in the outdoor environment.
Position may also involve exposure to latex, infections and communicable diseases.
Must be able to assist residents with limited mobility, move equipment or materials and lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds intermittently throughout the day.