We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone. Ronald Reagan
Are you looking for a career that is meaningful, and provides you with an opportunity to help others? At Heritage Communities, we exist to make lives better for our active residents. If you're ready to make an impact in the lives of others, we invite you to apply to us today!
The IT System Administrator leads and supports the technology needs for home office and senior living communities throughout Nebraska, Iowa, and Arizona. The incumbent is responsible for troubleshooting issues, system configuration, system maintenance as well as operations of hardware and applications. The IT System Administrator promotes a solution-focused mindset and provides excellent service, training, and support.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Cultivate a positive, inclusive culture through demonstrated behaviors that are aligned with our Core Values of Compassion, Respect, Trust and Fun.
- Ensure servers, workstations, peripherals, communication devices and operating system/application software are properly configured for network operation, are on-line and are available to internal customers.
- Support end user operations remotely and in-person.
- Cloud infrastructure, PC, network equipment administration, and support.
- Maintain phone system and online services administration.
- Maintenance of physical infrastructure (racks, cabling, power equipment, etc.).
- Manage mobile device inventory, distribution process and repair processes.
- User administration and permissions management across systems.
- Manage relationships with technology vendor.
- Support business and operations applications.
- Oversee IT purchases, license management, and contracts.
- Participate and contribute in identifying standards, tools, and methods that IT should follow for proper internal control and governance processes.
- Direct supervision of IT team.
Education and Experience
- 2-5 years of experience supporting Windows 10 desktops.
- 2+ years of experience working with Office 365.
- 1+ years of experience with Windows Server and/or Azure
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with diverse groups including colleagues, clients, and various business contacts at various levels.
- Demonstrated ability to champions a culture of Compassion, Trust, Respect and Fun and operates in the spirit and advocacy for our seniors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to navigate challenging and ambiguous situations.
- Creative problem solving, negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Excellent technology troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn VOIP.
- Understand of networking concepts around routing and switching.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and acceptable driving record.
- Ability to maintain confidential and privileged information that involves HIPPA, residents, associates.
Must be able to move equipment or materials weighing up to 50 pounds intermittently throughout the day.