The Heritage at Meridian Gardens may be the place for you! We take pride in serving great food to great people. We are looking for an experienced cook who has compassion for seniors and a strong desire to impact their lives on a daily basis to join our growing team.
We are looking for someone with knowledge of basic knife skills, safe food handling, excitement and desire to cook food for our residents, ability to work independently and on a team and problem solve when needed.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
- Prepares nutritious and delicious food for residents.
- Apportions and presents food in an appealing manner.
- Cleans, cuts, and cooks meat, fish, and poultry.
- Bakes breads, rolls, and other pastries.
- Prepares food following recipes and special dietary restrictions.
- Cleans and inspects galley equipment and appliances.
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas including surfaces, towels, utensils, and dispensers.
- Maintains safety of work areas.
- Maintains stock in kitchen and food prep areas.
Experience working in a "cooked from scratch"kitchen.
Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Flexibility and dependability.
The ideal candidate will need to have a flexible availability and preferred a minimum 2 years line experience
Schedule: Full Time Days 6:00am- 2:00pm or 11:00 am-7:00 pm and every other weekend