The Heritage at Shalimar Gardens in Fremont, NE may be the place for you! We take pride in serving great food to great people. We are looking for an experienced cook who has compassion for seniors and a strong desire to impact their lives on a daily basis to join our growing team.
We are looking for someone with knowledge of basic knife skills, safe food handling, excitement and desire to cook food for our residents, ability to work independently and on a team and problem solve when needed.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
- Prepares nutritious and delicious food for residents.
- Apportions and presents food in an appealing manner.
- Cleans, cuts, and cooks meat, fish, and poultry.
- Bakes breads, rolls, and other pastries.
- Prepares food following recipes and special dietary restrictions.
- Cleans and inspects galley equipment and appliances.
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas including surfaces, towels, utensils, and dispensers.
- Maintains safety of work areas.
- Maintains stock in kitchen and food prep areas.
Experience working in a "cooked from scratch"kitchen.
Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Flexibility and dependability.
The ideal candidate will need to have a flexible availability and preferred a minimum 2 years line experience
Schedule: Full Time 11:00am-7:00pm with every other weekend
Heritage Management Services has "FUN" as one of our Core Values, and thats exactly what we have while enriching the lives of others. We are looking for Loyal, Dedicated, Experienced people who take pride in providing quality care to the residents who call this Great place home. We are a "Residents First" focused community, a stable working environment that feels like family. To learn more about our company, visit www.heritage-communities.com. If you fit the qualifications, please apply now. We look forward to hearing from you! EOE Pre-employment background check and drug testing is required.