Our esteemed Careerlink client is looking for a candidate passionate about being responsible for ensuring continuous availability of the telecommunications services. Including the design, implementation, and management of telephony equipment, appliances, and management solutions. Coordinate installations, changes, and upgrades to services. Monitor, analyze, and ensure telephony performance, capacity, and uptime meet university service level agreements within a 24×7 operation. Troubleshoot complex problems, individually, with other members of the team, and with third parties. Requires regular interaction with other networking, systems, and telecom professionals in the design and delivery of services; and with end-users to provide direct support.
This position will uphold the ITS core principles of outstanding collaboration and communication, a drive to succeed, a passion for higher learning, and acting with integrity.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, implement, and manage telecommunications infrastructure and associated software, including PBXs, call management systems, voicemail, interactive voice response, and audio/video conferencing systems
- Troubleshoot and provide support for the organization in accessing and utilizing telecommunications services; including on-call support requirements. Answer user questions and keep campuses informed regarding changes, incidents, problems, policies, and procedures related to telecommunications.
- Monitor and identify capacity and performance issues for telecommunications traffic to ensure continued, uninterrupted operation of telecommunications systems and desired quality of service. Prepare and deliver usage and inventory reports as requested
- Administer move, add, and change requests from end users as well as new line installations as required.
- Develop and maintain telecommunications documentation, including user-level documentation.
- Assists as necessary in maintaining campus-specific applications, systems or services
- Associate’s Degree; equivalency considered
- Bachelor’s Degree in an IT related field; equivalency considered; preferred
- Three years’ experience with the configuration, design, installation and maintenance of telecommunications services; required
- Working knowledge of telephony, including VoIP, service design and support; required
- Familiarity with Ethernet networking; required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; required
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve complex problems; required
- Experience with Cisco Unified Communications solutions; preferred
- Experience with ACD and Contact Center concepts; preferred
- Experience with IT process automation; preferred
- CCNA Voice, CCNP Voice or CCIE Voice certification; preferred