A valued Careerlink partner is seeking an experienced tax professional to provide quality work and can hit the ground running during tax peak season and beyond. This person would immediately be a team lead, responsible for team training, oversight and work distribution. Additionally, once training is satisfactorily completed, this person could work remotely - or chose a hybrid schedule or to work exclusively at the office's centrally located location.
Responsibilities may include:
- Tax preparation and review, with some accounting and audit functions.
- Responsible for the preparation and review of federal and state income tax returns for U.S. and multi-state income tax returns for individuals, business entities, including consolidated and non-consolidated C-corporations, S-Corporations, Partnerships, Fiduciary, and Non-Profit Organizations.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in a CPA firm with 3+ years of tax preparation and review (of varying complexity) experience. Would have experience working with CCH Axcess software (required), QuickBooks, Engagement and Checkpoint. Effective communication and serving as a technical resource to staff accountants, managers, and partners would be an asset and essential part of this role.
- Prior Experience in Tax and Accounting (Required)
- Prior Public Accounting Experience (Required)
- Prior Individual, Corporate, Partnership/LLC, and other Income Tax Return Preparation Experience (Required)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting or finance (Required), CPA a plus.
- Prior experience as a Staff Tax Accountant or Tax Preparer in a tax department of a CPA or accounting firm environment strongly preferred.
- 3+ years of tax preparation and review experience; partnership tax return preparation and real estate industry experience ideal.
- Exceptional attention to detail with perspective along with excellent organizational skills.
- Prior experience with professional grade tax and accounting software (Wolters Kluwer, Thomson Reuters, CCH Axcess and QuickBooks experience preferred.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently.