Our client provides ready mixed concrete to Southeastern Nebraska from Beatrice, Crete, Fairbury and Palmyra plants. Position open in Palmyra, Crete and Beatrice. The company has over 70 years of service to surrounding communities.
Drives a transit mixer truck equipped with auxiliary concrete mixer to deliver concrete mix and other related construction products to job sites.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Abide by Company Safety Program and Policies, while performing duties safely.
Daily perform a pre and post-trip safety check on equipment and the truck to assure a safe vehicle. Document any maintenance that may be required.
Back or drive truck under loading hopper, Prepare mixer to receive concrete. Follows guidelines and instructions by dispatch personnel.
Drives truck to designated job site for unloading. Must distinguish between safe and unsafe conditions at the job site, in traffic and throughout plant areas.
Assembles concrete chute and attaches chute to the back of the truck. Controls appropriate levers on truck to discharge concrete according to specifications from the contractor into a wheelbarrow or other conveying container or directly into area to be poured with concrete.
If appropriate, wash out truck at the job site and replace chute on truck after delivery to prevent concrete from hardening in mixer and on truck.
Sprays surfaces of truck with protective compound to prevent adhering of concrete as needed.
Perform minor maintenance to the assigned vehicle--tire pressure, oil change, lube job--as needed.
When the workload is light, assist other areas--repair/maintenance in the plant area, yard clean-up, pallet repair and other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements and Education
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Must have a Class B CDL or will train to get Class B CDL during onboarding.
- Must have a valid NE driver’s license and able to meet insurability requirements of the company insurance program.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, city directories, Trakit GPS device, road maps, load tickets, SDS sheets and memos.
- Must meet the Department of Transportation (DOT) physical requirements and carry a physical exam card, which is to be kept current according to DOT guidelines.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule during busy season. Must be able to work late or irregular hours.
The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds to shoulder height.
Must be able to lift, place and set warehouse products as required during load preparation, loading and unloading.